Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

• 2 weeks later...

Begin  a collector of "classic star wars" IV-VI.

I'm not impressed with huge range from the sub genre rebels sets line up for 2015.

Plus Disney logo on box, is something I can't seem to get past lol

T65 sky hopper ( only for new Tuscan Raider mini fig)

UCS Slave 1

UCS Tie fighter

Are the only sets I've heard about from classic star wars line up next year, so far.

Have you guys got any more info to add?

Begin  a collector of "classic star wars" IV-VI.

I'm not impressed with huge range from the sub genre rebels sets line up for 2015.

Plus Disney logo on box, is something I can't seem to get past lol

T65 sky hopper ( only for new Tuscan Raider mini fig)

UCS Slave 1

UCS Tie fighter

Are the only sets I've heard about from classic star wars line up next year, so far.

Have you guys got any more info to add?

If you count the micro fighter series then there are some more.

Other than that I don't think so... But we did have quite some recently, even the UCS: Ewok Village, X-Wing, Sandcrawler... all OT.

I don't think that it's in LEGOs (and our!) best interest that they bring out new models of those just retired each year (or every 2-4 years)

How many of you would class the ewok village set as a play set and not a ucs?

I was disappointed the UCS new sandcrawler didn't receive a stat plaque. more of a huge play set, even though box is printed with UCS bottom left hand corner.

So on that theory no plaque not classed UCS set?

What are your thoughts on this?

UCS Slave I April/October... That means April or October? I mean they already gave us the preview of the set and all... we even speculated on it being released this year ^.^...

So if that information is true (would you say it's a reliable source? ;-) ) then my guess is that this is the April set and the Tie Fighter is the September set.

So if they are going to redo their UCS ones (like they did with X-Wing and now obviously Tie Fighter if your info is true) the next one would be these:

UCS MF is from 2007 so that would mean we've to wait till 2022 ^.^

I wouldn't redo the Darth Maul Bust, but the Yoda bust is possible if you ask me. Rebel Blockade Runner... maybe... Naboo Starfighter... I'd skip it if I had to take the decision and replace it for a UCS from the new movies...

So if they were to skip all the episode I-III (new movies) UCS and remake the original triology UCS some people here should start selling I guess.

The rumor is that the Tie Fighter is the original plain Tie, which is not a remake. they've never done that in UCS format. (They've done Tie Interceptor and Vader's Tie).

How many of you would class the ewok village set as a play set and not a ucs?

I was disappointed the UCS new sandcrawler didn't receive a stat plaque. more of a huge play set, even though box is printed with UCS bottom left hand corner.

So on that theory no plaque not classed UCS set?

What are your thoughts on this?

I agree... but on the other hand it seems as if LEGO is trying to change their UCS style to make it more appealing to a broader audience (kids for example).

Correct, your right there, Going by the UCS Slave 1 Lego design video

It seems that they are tending to blend UCS sets into more large play sets. I personally think, this somewhat cheapens the UCS sets exclusive- ness.

When there should be a clear line between the two genres.

Correct, your right there, Going by the UCS Slave 1 Lego design video

It seems that they are tending to blend UCS sets into more large play sets. I personally think, this somewhat cheapens the UCS sets exclusive- ness.

When there should be a clear line between the two genres.

So if they took away the play features from Slave I would it be okay for your taste? Just consider them as an extra, I don't think there would be any difference in looks if they were to be excluded. They were added because the set has a large body so they could fit them in. Don't expect many play features from the TIE though. 

Edited by inversion

IMO play features are purely determined by what model they are designing it after. Some sets are capable of lots of features. Some call them play features but what's the point in solid slave I. Or a solid sand crawler? It's what makes the UCS collection unique. Large scale sets with lots of moving features. Inside and outside of the sets are impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...