Bionicle 2015

Groovebricks uploaded an image of what I assume is a placeholder for what a large store display of next year's return with Bionicle may look like. Some would say this return of the original theme translates as a lack of sales in Hero Factory whereas I would say Lego is making a smart move as a company by mixing things up to maintain and reignite sales. Hero Factory is good but has become predictably constant so even though Bionicle is roughly the same idea, it is different enough at least through the intriguing storyline. Anyway, I can vaguely recognize classic Toa Tahu and Kopaka so far.

via Brickset

LEGO-Bionicle-2015-21_20140726.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest idunno101

Nice to see these back. I don't know what it is with Bionicle but there's something about it that catches my eye and makes me want to buy it all. :swoon:

• 3 weeks later...

Can't comment on investment potential.. but i loved these guys when i was a kid. Only had to first wave and a bit of the second before growing out of playing with toys, but man were they great :D

Only one i really like out of this new wave is Kopaka (probably because his mask most resembles the original). Will likely pick him up to sit on my desk :)

Edited by Sandwraithx157

When I saw that Bionicle was coming back I must say I got quite excited, but after seeing these sets, I'm pretty disappointed.  LEGO isn't differentiating between Bionicle and Hero Factory components, and what sets Bionicle apart from HF in the first place was the different use of parts.  Although these will probably be pretty popular, they don't have the same feel as the older sets, and I couldn't have told them apart from HF if not for the boxes.  Is anyone else similarly underwhelmed?

When I saw that Bionicle was coming back I must say I got quite excited, but after seeing these sets, I'm pretty disappointed.  LEGO isn't differentiating between Bionicle and Hero Factory components, and what sets Bionicle apart from HF in the first place was the different use of parts.  Although these will probably be pretty popular, they don't have the same feel as the older sets, and I couldn't have told them apart from HF if not for the boxes.  Is anyone else similarly underwhelmed?

Same here. I was disappointed when I saw that they were using mostly HF parts to make the new Bionicles. When I heard that Lego was going to make Bionicles in 2015, I though that they would use some similar parts to the older Bionicle sets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orc- I think you are my favorite poster, and I say that very sincerely.

When everyone else is rushing and bustling over EOL sets and the "big" exclusives, you continue to give extraordinary perspective and information on the entire scope of what TLG is producing. Seriously, thank you.

Your posts remind me that it's nice to step back on occasion and appreciate everything Lego is doing. I enjoy making cash here... but greatly admire TLG as a company, and I think you contribute more to the board regarding the entire spectrum of what Lego is currently offering than any other poster.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Orc- I think you are my favorite poster, and I say that very sincerely.

When everyone else is rushing and bustling over EOL sets and the "big" exclusives, you continue to give extraordinary perspective and information on the entire scope of what TLG is producing. Seriously, thank you.

Your posts remind me that it's nice to step back on occasion and appreciate everything Lego is doing. I enjoy making cash here... but greatly admire TLG as a company, and I think you contribute more to the board regarding the entire spectrum of what Lego is currently offering than any other poster.

Thank you.

Good to know I'm doing something right. Haha. Seriously though, thank you for the thank you. I appreciate it very much. :thankyou:
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...