70014 - The Croc Swamp Hideout

Jeff Mack

This set is labelled as Retiring soon.  Overall its a pretty cool set, decent piece count and 5 minifigs.  From what I see it's not available at the other retailers and it is 20% off at LEGO.  Who knows what it will do once it goes EOL, but it looks like it's shelf life will soon come to an end.  If this was mentioned already in other posts, I will delete this.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Croc-Swamp-Hideout-70014

We were chatting about this in the thread talking about the updating Retiring soon notes. A few of us agree this could be a solid sleeper. Astute observation!

One set for possible comparison:

Ninjago #9457 Fangpyre Wrecking Ball

I think this was also only avail at TRU and on Shoplego for about one year. RP was $50, it's now selling for $83 on Amazon, coming up on 2 years after retirement, but those sorts of returns aren't exactly anything to write home about (unless you got in for 50% off). 

This Chima set may fare better, being slightly more expensive at release with more figs - and perhaps just a generally cooler set. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well... if it was a good buy at $55.98, it's a better buy at $48.98, no?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Croc-Swamp-Hideout-70014?fromListing=listing

Tempting... but this would be my first Chima purchase... just don't think I want to start into another theme.  Also, if they have stacks of them at ToysRUS for $70, you can take a 20% coupon, and a 10% Thursday and get almost down to this price.  For me, this may just be one of those that "got away".

• Like 2

It probably isn't a horrible buy at this point when you combine VIP points and promo's. Still, there is just no real interest in this theme. If they last one more discount period I may end up picking up a few.

If anyone is thinking about grabbing two, wait until September 1 for the spaceman promo.  You may have to add a keychain, but you'll get a much better (more valuable) give-away.

• Like 1

Well... if it was a good buy at $55.98, it's a better buy at $48.98, no?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Croc-Swamp-Hideout-70014?fromListing=listing

Tempting... but this would be my first Chima purchase... just don't think I want to start into another theme.  Also, if they have stacks of them at ToysRUS for $70, you can take a 20% coupon, and a 10% Thursday and get almost down to this price.  For me, this may just be one of those that "got away".

forget about jumping into another theme bit! all lego sets are just that ... lego sets ... one theme ... its all about if you like money or not ... there are winners in the Chima line, just gotta choose carefully ... but hey, if you dont like money, by all means dont buy it ...

• Like 1

forget about jumping into another theme bit! all lego sets are just that ... lego sets ... one theme ... its all about if you like money or not ... there are winners in the Chima line, just gotta choose carefully ... but hey, if you dont like money, by all means dont buy it ...

Did you just double-dog dare me? :spiteful:

It's a good buy at this price with the promos. I'd get a few but I already have four bought at $48 from TRU through bogo, coupons, and rewards points. If it makes it to one more discount, which I'd be surprised if it did, I'll buy more. If it's gone from stores by Christmas it will be a good holiday flip. The guide shows it at $115. Obviously that's not correct otherwise it would have sold out long ago. What is skewing it so high?

It's a good buy at this price with the promos. I'd get a few but I already have four bought at $48 from TRU through bogo, coupons, and rewards points. If it makes it to one more discount, which I'd be surprised if it did, I'll buy more. If it's gone from stores by Christmas it will be a good holiday flip. The guide shows it at $115. Obviously that's not correct otherwise it would have sold out long ago. What is skewing it so high?

I'm not sure, Ninjago green sets and the Golden Dragon are the same way.