10223 - Kingdoms Joust

Ed Mack

Checking in a year and a half later and not much has changed. Sold prices between 150 and 180 euros, plenty of stock left.

Those campaigning for a new classic Castle theme may not be in a strong bargaining position considering how this set flopped at a time when Lego was better than gold.

On 25. 6. 2016 at 5:09 PM, feed said:

I don’t know enough about minecraft to really comment, but disagree on the Ninjago temple I think that has both AFOL and kid appeal, with both display and play value, as well as not having much to complete with it right now. (Although the cave set will likely complete for the kids attention as well as being cheaper).  

Im no expert but Im really getting fed up with the comments like the Ninjago Temple sucks.. its long on the shelves etc..  .. if one can get himself / herself out of the "investo universum" .. this is a truly magnificent build and it were sold e.g. around 90 USD.. you all (complaining) would get car load of it.. 

Edited by crayxlp

13 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Checking in a year and a half later and not much has changed. Sold prices between 150 and 180 euros, plenty of stock left.

Those campaigning for a new classic Castle theme may not be in a strong bargaining position considering how this set flopped at a time when Lego was better than gold.

The classic Castle theme is the same as your childhood's favourite chocolate. You have fond memories, but when you try it again as an adult, you recognise that it is just industrial waste, and don't want it again. Translating this analogy to LEGO, the classic Castle/Pirates/Space themes are very outdated by today's standards, and people realise this quite quickly. Time has moved on, and what was considered great back then is lacklustre now. What people really want is going back in time and relive memories, but exactly the purchase of these sets makes them realise that it will not happen, it is a fool's hope, and just makes them feel old. To cope with growing up, people are looking for fresh things. No wonder LEGO is at its best when it feels fresh, that is what people really want.

• Like 4

Just now, Val-E said:

Magnificent builds are not always magnificent investments. See Unimog.

so true.. but i still feel like that this set in particular (Ninjago Temple) truly deserves its appreciation.. given all that I know its artistic value would be still incomperable to a new coming-out Ninjago docks.. only time will tell and give it its value.

4 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

so true.. but i still feel like that this set in particular (Ninjago Temple) truly deserves its appreciation.. given all that I know its artistic value would be still incomperable to a new coming-out Ninjago docks.. only time will tell and give it its value.

I think it was overshadowed by the quality and value for money of the Ninjago Movie sets.

@eliminator, the double build is pretty cool. I am a huge castle fan, so definitely biased, but when I picked up a second one back in the day to build the double it was well worth it, and I kept it on display for awhile. Lots of good MOD / MOC possibilities - adding big wooden doors to make it a gatehouse, or having it straddle a river or harbor entrance. A great castle set, and I'm surprised there hasn't been more demand for it overtime. 

I love this set. Other then the price this sets biggest problem was its extended shelf life. Had it retired a year and a half earlier with the other kingdom sets I think it would have done better.

But who am I kidding. I also own a medieval market that hasn't even doubled in price yet and it retired almost two years earlier then the joust. I think it is more wishful thinking and hope for me right now rather then reality.

I'm more worried now that Nexo knights are out of the way that they might try to reboot the series.