10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...

Love this set. Just bought a light kit for mine :)

Should do pretty well as an investment as well, it's a great display piece.

Where did you get the light kit? Do you have a pic with lights on? My spouse collects R2 and we have a built 10225.

Personally I would but I live in Australia.

But they won't ship it here :(

I don't know anything about your country's RRP for it or what so I can't speak for buying it immediately, but I can see this set being worth alot in the future.

RRP in italy is 180

Where did you get the light kit? Do you have a pic with lights on? My spouse collects R2 and we have a built 10225.

There are sellers on ebay that have made LED lights systems for different Lego sets and 10225 is one of them. It lights up his little sensors on the front and is pretty inexpensive, and very cool. The wiring may, however, keep you from spinning his head all the way around, but I could be mistaken on how the wiring hooks up.

Artifex Creations, just Google them. I haven't installed them yet, need a couple of small replacement parts from Bricklink to do it.

• 3 months later...

Just remember...drop shipping is 100% legal and very common.  The seller is part of a collection of people who buy at a discount and resell at a slight higher price.  This happens all the time and there is NOTHING wrong with it.  They usually pay an annual membership to get access to these discounts.

Drop shipping that most people refer to here is using a stolen credit card and buying your product from someone and having it shipped directly to you...which is actually not called drop shipping.  I do not know what it is called...

The fact that this person is telling you that he is a droppshipper tells me he is probably the former and prolly 100% legit...

If you like the price then there is nothing wrong with buying from this person. (If they are in fact a proper drop shipper.)

• Like 3

I bought one. Actually it kind of works out for me (obviously I don't prefer it) when this happens as I have caught people doing it before. I usually tell Ebay and that person is banned. I then use my google magic to locate the person who got hosed and they call their credit card company and get the charge fixed.

A couple of the times I have gotten to keep the item AND gotten my money back. Others I just returned the item to the store it was shipped from but I got to help foil a bad guy - which after being addicted to Law and Order is worth it :)

...with upper management written all over him.

This is helping to get me through a Monday morning.  I literally just finished writing some reports that are similar to TPS reports.

Also, mind if I ask how much R2 was?  I've been looking to score a couple more.  With another UCS set on the horizon, doesn't that put R2 next in line to be retired (obviously ignoring the DS and SSD)?

This is helping to get me through a Monday morning.  I literally just finished writing some reports that are similar to TPS reports.

Also, mind if I ask how much R2 was?  I've been looking to score a couple more.  With another UCS set on the horizon, doesn't that put R2 next in line to be retired (obviously ignoring the DS and SSD)?

Didn't he just come out last year?