Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

How do I provide a prepaid return label?  I went ahead and authorized the return before the A-to-Z claim, but I don't know if I had the option for a prepaid label or I just missed it.  Thanks for the help BA!  

U buy it outside Amazon then attach it as a PDF via Amazon messaging system 

Amazon is taking their sweet-ass time fixing the scam-seller problem. Some say that Amazon doesn't care about the problem too much because a large percentage of buyers won't bother (or don't know how) to get a refund, which means Amazon keeps the commission.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Amazon is taking their sweet-ass time fixing the scam-seller problem. Some say that Amazon doesn't care about the problem too much because a large percentage of buyers won't bother (or don't know how) to get a refund, which means Amazon keeps the commission.

I hear they are working on a solution but alot are not going to like it. Amazon loves to bring a nuke to a knife fight. If you are not registered to sell on Amazon and think you might want to sell on the platform sometime in the future don't wait too much longer.

Just now, asharerin said:

I hear they are working on a solution but alot are not going to like it. Amazon loves to bring a nuke to a knife fight. If you are not registered to sell on Amazon and think you might want to sell on the platform sometime in the future don't wait too much longer.

hey, don't steal my analogies :P:P

so what ya hearing ?

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I liked the advice this thread gave, so thought I'd follow up and report to Amazon the fraudulent sellers I found today...and OMG... just clicking back on a few items, I find more, and more... and more... a person could list fraud sellers all day long... this has clearly gotten to a point that Amazon will have to take some action, and soon. As it is, tens of thousands of buyers must be making "bad" purchases every day, many of which will never trust an FBM seller again.

On the upside, seems to be (comparatively) few of these sellers in the Lego space. I'm guessing these fraudsters - seeking principally just "live" names and addresses - are just looking to farm the maximum number as quickly possible, so they are concentrating on SKUs that sell faster than Lego.

I am thoroughly confused about which listing to use for the Star Destroyer 75055.  The first one actually has a higher sales rank, but if you search for "LEGO 75055" or "LEGO Star Destroyer" on Amazon the second listing comes up and I can't actually find the first one anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J4S962W/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

https://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Destroyer-Building-Playset-75055/dp/B00HNSRYYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490905812&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+75055

we are at this moment planning our exit from amazon. while amazon has been great while it lasted but the level of fraud and buyer extortion has gone to the point that it has become overwhelmingly beyond tolerance level. [ its getting much higher than cost of doing business and the profit generated ].

there are two main things that started happening that are gearing us towards this direction:

a. while seller-support were for dog-and-pony show somehow they used to be able to help present case to seller-performance during A-Z. 

b. they used to accept videos of packaging and item during packing process for certain level. including box dimensions. rfid tags.

within last 2 week amazon decided that they would no longer accept 

i. video recording of packing and submission weight and dimensions of the carrier during any of the customer complaints. while they were reluctant in accepting rfid in the beginning they started accepting those. but now they seem to have reversed their course on that as well.

ii. they would not remove feedbacks even when buyer has admitted to receiving what was listed but "they wanted expensive item".

iii. they would side with buyer in cases where buyer would order 75055 and make a claim that wrong item was sent. they would respond they are expecting 10221. and amazon would grant in buyers favor for incorrect item sent. "return label doesn't matter" 

while its unfortunate when such things occur one has to take a step back and evaluate. and our decision has been to step away from amazon.

it may be a good news [less competition] or bad news [ frauds will catch up to other sellers ] depending on which side of coin one will look.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 3

we are at this moment planning our exit from amazon. while amazon has been great while it lasted but the level of fraud and buyer extortion has gone to the point that it has become overwhelmingly beyond tolerance level. [ its getting much higher than cost of doing business and the profit generated ].
there are two main things that started happening that are gearing us towards this direction:
a. while seller-support were for dog-and-pony show somehow they used to be able to help present case to seller-performance during A-Z. 
b. they used to accept videos of packaging and item during packing process for certain level. including box dimensions. rfid tags.
within last 2 week amazon decided that they would no longer accept 
i. video recording of packing and submission weight and dimensions of the carrier during any of the customer complaints. while they were reluctant in accepting rfid in the beginning they started accepting those. but now they seem to have reversed their course on that as well.
ii. they would not remove feedbacks even when buyer has admitted to receiving what was listed but "they wanted expensive item".
iii. they would side with buyer in cases where buyer would order 75055 and make a claim that wrong item was sent. they would respond they are expecting 10221. and amazon would grant in buyers favor for incorrect item sent. "return label doesn't matter" 
while its unfortunate when such things occur one has to take a step back and evaluate. and our decision has been to step away from amazon.
it may be a good news [less competition] or bad news [ frauds will catch up to other sellers ] depending on which side of coin one will look.

Ah you hate to see another tired man
Lay down his hand
Like he was giving up the holy game of poker

On 3/29/2017 at 7:13 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

hey, don't steal my analogies :P:P

so what ya hearing ?

New sellers and those with inactive accounts who become active again will now how to provide id verification (utility bills, state id etc), business license documentation for their state (including registering to collect sales tax) , and invoices for the items they have listed. This will curb the just launched scammers as well old accounts that are getting hacked by the thousands.

Speaking of which if you haven't done so already I would advise anyone selling on the platform to setup two step verification for your account. Once done you will need your password as well as a pin number sent to your phone to log into your account. You can choose to disable this on machines that only you have access to (such as your home computer or cell phone). We have this in place on all of our amazon selling accounts and the number of pins coming thru that we did not request every week is a real eye opener to just how bad the attempted hacking of amazon selling accounts has become.

• Like 5

I had a "Collectible-like new" set hit the warehouse yesterday and sell right away somehow. It shows restricted (except new) when I check and I assumed it would go to my stranded inventory, but it did not.  I have sold this particular set as "collectible" before since the boxes always seem to have unacceptable damage.  I have had the same thing happen with another brand I sell also.  It went restricted for everyone about 6 months ago, but I am still able to sell all the ASINs that I have sold in the past.  When I look up these ASINs, they show restricted even though I keep selling it.  If I send in other stuff from this brand, they all go to stranded unless I have sold them before. It must be some kind of weird "phantom" grandfathering in some brands.

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

I had a "Collectible-like new" set hit the warehouse yesterday and sell right away somehow. It shows restricted (except new) when I check and I assumed it would go to my stranded inventory, but it did not.  I have sold this particular set as "collectible" before since the boxes always seem to have unacceptable damage.  I have had the same thing happen with another brand I sell also.  It went restricted for everyone about 6 months ago, but I am still able to sell all the ASINs that I have sold in the past.  When I look up these ASINs, they show restricted even though I keep selling it.  If I send in other stuff from this brand, they all go to stranded unless I have sold them before. It must be some kind of weird "phantom" grandfathering in some brands.

You can no longer sell list used toys on Amazon (and that includes the collectible condition). Not sure if it is every toy subcategory but building and learning toys are restricted for sure. If you have a listing previously created as collectible you can continue to sell it that way. Just don't delete the listing as you won''t be able to list as collectible again. For us if an item has shelf wear (creases, crushing, dings etc) but is still sealed we send it into FBA as new and have never had an issue. If it is opened or has holes, tears or punctures on the box we used to sell it as collectible on Amazon (again never had an issue) but now we will sell it locally on Offer UP or Letgo or ebay if it won't sell locally after 30 days.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:07 PM, asharerin said:

New sellers and those with inactive accounts who become active again will now how to provide id verification (utility bills, state id etc), business license documentation for their state (including registering to collect sales tax) , and invoices for the items they have listed. This will curb the just launched scammers as well old accounts that are getting hacked by the thousands.

Speaking of which if you haven't done so already I would advise anyone selling on the platform to setup two step verification for your account. Once done you will need your password as well as a pin number sent to your phone to log into your account. You can choose to disable this on machines that only you have access to (such as your home computer or cell phone). We have this in place on all of our amazon selling accounts and the number of pins coming thru that we did not request every week is a real eye opener to just how bad the attempted hacking of amazon selling accounts has become.

I signed up for the two step verification about a month ago . I woke up today to find 2 requests for pins which I didn't not request . Someone attempted to gain access to my account so def a must have for everyone 

• Like 1

Some of you may do this already but always jack your listing prices up when shopping stuff into fba until it is confirmed received is in full. The past few weeks fba has lost roughly 33 lego movie emmet, bad cop and wyldstyle keychains and a 42009 technic mkII set. I was reimbursed for the full amount of the listing minus their fees. I had the mkII listed for $424.99 and the keychains at $9.99 each. They also lost 4 hasbro black series storm troopers that I had listed for $29.99 each. Related side note, fba has lost a lot of my stuff lately it seems.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Some of you may do this already but always jack your listing prices up when shopping stuff into fba until it is confirmed received is in full. The past few weeks fba has lost roughly 33 lego movie emmet, bad cop and wyldstyle keychains and a 42009 technic mkII set. I was reimbursed for the full amount of the listing minus their fees. I had the mkII listed for $424.99 and the keychains at $9.99 each. They also lost 4 hasbro black series storm troopers that I had listed for $29.99 each. Related side note, fba has lost a lot of my stuff lately it seems.

Thanks - on a related note, how do you get a good idea of the Amazon charges before you ship in? Right now what I'm doing is creating my product listings as FBM with a high price, then select them all and convert them to FBA, adjust the price to what I want to charge to see how big the fees are and whether it's the right time to send things in, then start working on my shipments, and crank up the price before I send stuff in. Is this the easiest way or is there a simple FBA fee calculator somewhere that I'm missing?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks - on a related note, how do you get a good idea of the Amazon charges before you ship in? Right now what I'm doing is creating my product listings as FBM with a high price, then select them all and convert them to FBA, adjust the price to what I want to charge to see how big the fees are and whether it's the right time to send things in, then start working on my shipments, and crank up the price before I send stuff in. Is this the easiest way or is there a simple FBA fee calculator somewhere that I'm missing?

This is a pretty helpful tool: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fba/profitabilitycalculator/index. It doesn't calculate cost of shipping into AMZ, storage fees, or labeling prep (if you don't do it yourself), but you can estimate those charges and the calculator gives a pretty good estimate of the other charges. 

• Like 2