Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Again with FBM, buyer cancelled order after I created a shipping label, but luckily I hadn't shipped yet.  I requested a refund for the shipping label, which could take months.  Today, I receive a defect for no valid label/delivery for this order, while the refund is still clearly pending on the label. Amazon, your system is working flawlessly.

JFYI, [ it is how the system works ]

if marked item shipped & uploaded tracking number [ doesn't matter where you purchase the label ] seller is going to get dinged in both

a. shipping [ late shipping; etc and item not delivered etc... ]

b. cancellation [ also hits on the metrics. even though you mentioned buyer cancelled ]

decide based on what you can afford :)... 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

FYI,

For those who really want to sell Lego in collectible condition, you can use Mega Bloks invoices to get approved for building blocks. I'm grandfathered into Lego, but had a Halo Megabloks set that showed restricted. I can sell other Mega Bloks, but this one showed the brand as "Halo," which I apparently hadn't been grandfathered into.  When I requested approval, it approved me for the brand, but then it wanted a secondary approval for Building Blocks.  This seems to happen with any brands that are listed under restricted subcategories. I sent them the invoice and toy certificate they requested just to see how easy it would be. They approved my application but then they wanted the $2500 fee, which is a little steep for me.  The set was still stranded and showing restricted.  I opened a ticket about "issue listing products" to show that my "Halo" brand request showed "approved" and they fixed it for me.  Now I can list all Halo brand items and i'm not paying the $2500 fee.  The same thing happened when I applied for "American Girl" brand when it wanted a second approval for craft toys or something like that.  I opened a ticket and they did an override to give me approval for the brand without getting the category approval.  Long story short is that if you want to sell Lego in collectible condition, its pretty easy to find distributors and wholesalers that sell Mega Bloks.  I'm still able to sell any collectible Lego sets that I already have listings for in collectible condition so i'm not paying the $2500.

8 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

just FYI, i found this in the amazon forums today. here is a list of scammers. please add yours:

badbuyerlist.org

"This phone number is provided for shipping labels only. Please refer to Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement and Prohibited seller activities and actions for details on appropriate use of customer personal information"

also i believe releasing name and address of buyers to third party site may constitute some kind of violation of "contents in fine prints"

Just now, newbie77 said:

"This phone number is provided for shipping labels only. Please refer to Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement and Prohibited seller activities and actions for details on appropriate use of customer personal information"

also i believe releasing name and address of buyers to third party site may constitute some kind of violation of "contents in fine prints"

you dont have to list all the info, just the required ones. all i put in is the username, no address, no phone number. its also anonymous.

4 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

first time for me: sent in a few shipments for FBA. almost all are processed the same day they are delivered. I have one that was delivered 6 days ago and has never been processed.
why? is this normal? how long to wait before inquire?

I've waited 2 weeks before inquiring before.

9 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

"Walmart is testing a delivery service using its own store employees, who will deliver packages ordered online while driving home from their regular work shifts."

http://www.snopes.com/2017/06/01/walmart-testing-store-employee-delivery-u-s-online-orders/

looking fwd to your acquaintance .. watch out for the dog 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

"Walmart is testing a delivery service using its own store employees, who will deliver packages ordered online while driving home from their regular work shifts."

http://www.snopes.com/2017/06/01/walmart-testing-store-employee-delivery-u-s-online-orders/

They are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Bezos. When is Target going to join the fight?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, asharerin said:

They are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Bezos. When is Target going to join the fight?

Amazon has an army of random joes with an app delivering packages from their personal cars...and Walmart will only have some of their store employees. Meh.

22 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Amazon has an army of random joes with an app delivering packages from their personal cars...and Walmart will only have some of their store employees. Meh.

And if WM's Store Pickup experience is any indication of the level of service we can expect, I'll pass...I don't fancy standing at my front door for thirty minutes while the WM employee searches through their car for my package.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, redcell said:

And if WM's Store Pickup experience is any indication of the level of service we can expect, I'll pass...I don't fancy standing at my front door for thirty minutes while the WM employee searches through their car for my package.

That was my experience as recently as a six or so months ago (as in, not impressive). But, since about six months ago, pickup at my store has been amazing. Check-in on the app while checking the clearance and LEGO sections, then my package is right there waiting for me a few minutes later.

Edited by minicoopers11