Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

15 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I'm backfilling now since I was late to the game. The Crazy Scientist showed up last night on my WM app at a local store so I'm heading there after work to see if today is a lucky day or not. It showed a few other older sets, so they might have cracked open something from the back. That or I'm being trolled by my WM app

Good luck. That's a nice get if it's true. 

• Like 1

I'm backfilling now since I was late to the game. The Crazy Scientist showed up last night on my WM app at a local store so I'm heading there after work to see if today is a lucky day or not. It showed a few other older sets, so they might have cracked open something from the back. That or I'm being trolled by my WM app

That's a fun set. I hope you get it. To echo what has already been said this is/was a great theme.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Let us know if you find it,. 

This set is among my favs of the theme.

This theme will have legs. Classic monsters are timeless. I bought a bunch on clearance a couple years ago, and took advantage of the Target Haunted House gift card deal when they used to do that. I've sold off most of my small stuff, but am holding my Vampire Castles and Haunted Houses for much, much longer. Heck, I may hold them so long that I'll be taking them to my grave. 

• Like 1

Last year, I was selling a used one on CL for $80. Sold to a guy who was buying something else. But he wanted to see it in person before deciding between it and buying a Scooby mansion from a store for $10+tax more. Both have monsters, are similar size, but Scooby has licensed characters, and is cheaper. Definitely hasn't helped. I think the VC is more-or-less capped by the growth of the Scooby flagship set.

VC is cooler than I thought it would be. I am in the camp that thinks these will age OK due to the monster figs. I will say I wish they didn't use Vampyre as the spelling - when I list castle and hearse I'll be spelling it wrong in the listing title so it comes up when people search "lego vampire" a bit easier. 

Vamp Castle would be at least $50 higher easily if not for TRU. Lego made the set exclusive to TRU for 12+ months after everyone else sold out :(

And we know what this means. It's like the Walking Dead version of the Island of Misfit Toys. Lego sets like Joker's Funhouse and Vamp Castile die a slow death due to TRU slightly higher mark-up compared to eBay.

• Like 2