75053 - The Ghost

jnd2k3

Just an fyi. I started my build on The Ghost and when I got to page 6 on book 2, step 71, I got a little surprise: two incorrect parts. Instead of two 6019727, instead I got 88930...

I contacted Lego and they are sending me the correct part, but it is 7-10 business days I have to sit and look at this unbuilt on my table. A shame to say the least.

Just an fyi. I started my build on The Ghost and when I got to page 6 on book 2, step 71, I got a little surprise: two incorrect parts. Instead of two 6019727, instead I got 88930...

I contacted Lego and they are sending me the correct part, but it is 7-10 business days I have to sit and look at this unbuilt on my table. A shame to say the least.

Ufema reported the same issue when he did his youtube review of the Ghost and the Phantom.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11126-ghost-with-phantom-build/?hl=75053

• Like 1

Can you please document the Production Date Stamp Code on the Scotch Tape Seals from your box? We can perhaps isolate a batch that had this problem. This can be handy for you to avoid the ones with the wrong pieces, or heck even help folks who might want to chase a variation of the set :)

Example if you see 12R4 that means the set was produced the 12th week of 2014. 

• Like 1

This sucks so hard.  I appreciate them sending the pieces, but nothing kills the buzz of building a new set as hard as a missing piece.  They will tell you how sorry they are and that they understand.

• Like 1

Can you please document the Production Date Stamp Code on the Scotch Tape Seals from your box? We can perhaps isolate a batch that had this problem. This can be handy for you to avoid the ones with the wrong pieces, or heck even help folks who might want to chase a variation of the set :)

Example if you see 12R4 that means the set was produced the 12th week of 2014. 

You got it.... 24R4

• 2 weeks later...

Answered my own question.  Took a while but I found it. At about 2:30 in the youtube video, he just skips those pieces.  Continues the build without them.  Of course, it's annoying that TLG could miss something like this.  We must have all the correct pieces for our build (I already ordered mine), but you can finish the build without these.

Answered my own question.  Took a while but I found it. At about 2:30 in the youtube video, he just skips those pieces.  Continues the build without them.  Of course, it's annoying that TLG could miss something like this.  We must have all the correct pieces for our build (I already ordered mine), but you can finish the build without these.

You can, but it screws hard with my OCD. I got my parts in the mail yesterday. Build finished.

• Like 1

jnd2k3 - Thanks for putting this out there.  Like I said, mine is still in the box.  My son doesn't know we have it yet. I'm holding on to it for the right moment.  So you just me from my son's "OCD" rage (and my own).  I never would have known were it not for this site, and your helpful tip.

... just got it yesterday, ay?  They're really pushing it to the 10-business-day limit, aren't they?  I didn't call Lego - just ordered mine on via the service section of the Lego site - Bricks & Pieces.  We'll see how long it takes for me to get mine.

jnd2k3 - Thanks for putting this out there.  Like I said, mine is still in the box.  My son doesn't know we have it yet. I'm holding on to it for the right moment.  So you just me from my son's "OCD" rage (and my own).  I never would have known were it not for this site, and your helpful tip.

... just got it yesterday, ay?  They're really pushing it to the 10-business-day limit, aren't they?  I didn't call Lego - just ordered mine on via the service section of the Lego site - Bricks & Pieces.  We'll see how long it takes for me to get mine.

Sure thing! One of my worst fears while building a set is that a part would be missing. Never thought it would actually happen (outside of my cat stealing them during the build).

Yeah, they pushed the limit on the timing. But seeing as I got the parts for free, I can hardly complain.

• 10 months later...

My son started building his Ghost today and found that the piece below was missing. Luckily we had similar piece lying around in the lego pile and used it. The Production Date Stamp Code for this set is 41R4. He is still building the set so I may add to this post if he finds anything else missing.

TECHNIC BRICK 1X4, Ø4,9
Color Family:Grey
Exact Color:MED. ST-GREY
Category:Bricks, Special
Element ID:4211441
Design ID:3701

• 6 months later...

so i built this set finally with my son 2 weeks ago. note: we built the Phantom last year.  

i'm a huge Rebels fan and honestly, this ship didn't impress me.  i'll put together a video review using software  @Jeff Mack recommended.  typed words can not express my frustration with this build and design.    all i can type is , this is a ship in the SW canon that is probably UCS worthy and a refresh / remake isn't greatly needed. while there are some nice features, i think Lego fumbled the ball with this 1st attempt.

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

so i built this set finally with my son 2 weeks ago. note: we built the Phantom last year.  

i'm a huge Rebels fan and honestly, this ship didn't impress me.  i'll put together a video review using software  @Jeff Mack recommended.  typed words can not express my frustration with this build and design.    all i can type is , this is a ship in the SW canon that is probably UCS worthy and a refresh / remake isn't greatly needed. while there are some nice features, i think Lego fumbled the ball with this 1st attempt.

If I recall right, my own feelings when I built it were that you basically constructed a solid brick and then clipped some panels to the outside. I won't let my girls play with it, because I don't want to put it back together. I feel like it is an important ship for fans of Rebels, but I'm not sure that they would ever remake it, unless Rebels sticks around for 4 or more years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

If I recall right, my own feelings when I built it were that you basically constructed a solid brick and then clipped some panels to the outside. I won't let my girls play with it, because I don't want to put it back together. I feel like it is an important ship for fans of Rebels, but I'm not sure that they would ever remake it, unless Rebels sticks around for 4 or more years.

i'm quietly thinking some aspect of Rebels will either lead directly into Rogue One or be included.  we'll see. 

i do know one thing... Season 2 is only 2 or 3 years before ANH in the SW timeline. so rogue one falls in-between.

Sherlock-Holmes-Sherlock-Holmes-detectiv

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, jaisonline said:

i'm quietly thinking some aspect of Rebels will either lead directly into Rogue One or be included.  we'll see. 

i do know one thing... Season 2 is only 2 or 3 years before ANH in the SW timeline. so rogue one falls in-between.

Well, cartoon time is different than real time. I think that 6+ seasons of Clone Wars fit into 3 years of time between AotC and RotS.

9 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Well, cartoon time is different than real time. I think that 6+ seasons of Clone Wars fit into 3 years of time between AotC and RotS.

One in the same,. According to Rebel Force Radio and Rebel Recon episodes the show is now about 2 years away (same amount of seasons).  So unless Feloni and Disney wants to slow thing down, Rebels could be on a crash course with the Rogue One timeline which would bring more attention to ships.  

Can you imagine if the DS plans were given to Leia directly on The Ghost.  The ship would def be put higher on the SW Ship Pedestal and warrant another Lego set.  

Pure speculation in my part.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

Can you imagine if the DS plans were given to Leia directly on The Ghost.  The ship would def be put higher on the SW Ship Pedestal and warrant another Lego set.  

Pure speculation in my part.

If only I had that pic of obi-wan and the "it's as if a million re-sellers suddenly cried out in terror" pic.  Would be quite appropriate here.  Saying that its this kind of forward thinking, considering sets in the aftermarket and what might be done with said depiction in the future that also separates the successful from the blind speculators in this.
I know you said its speculation but not entirely out of the ball park and if someone did their research on this set and things like that were part of their decision making.... well I doff my cap to them.

• 2 weeks later...