60062 Arctic Icebreaker Build

ufema

Not sure how they'll fit into our city yet, but there has to be a way.

The LEGO City line nowadays is about normal human activities under which I mean no fantasy or sci-fi stuff. Mining, expeditions, farming, trading, space research etc., not just the usual police-fire brigade stuff or being limited to an actual "city" setting. Another theme for these would be too much.

First thing came to mind at The Unboxing stage was "How many more manuals is he going to whip out?". :) It certainly looks like a fun build and I just had to satiate my desire for these northern explorers by purchasing the smallest set for myself. I might open it tonight just to build something. I get antsy when I can't get a moment to create for a while.

• Like 1

Don't we all? ;)

Indeed. :senile: "Occasional entertainment of one's inner child is a necessity for keeping thy beast of restlessness within from emerging."

....Or something like that. :)

How did you managed to make the propeller to turn at 3'28" ? Maybe with a vacuum cleaner or an hairdryer ?

Maybe off camera, he just blew the propeller really hard. Haha.

The crew is really cool !

How did you managed to make the propeller to turn at 3'28" ? Maybe with a vacuum cleaner or an hairdryer ?

I spin it with my finger and record till it the propeller stops.  I then play it back in reverse.

The boat floats too.  Time to take it in the tub for bath time!  Whoo hoo!!!!

I've never actually tested a lego boat out.  I'm sure it will float with no problem, but lego pieces breaking off in the tub.  Not sure if I'm a fan of allowing my kids to do that.

• 10 months later...

What are peoples thoughts on this set once it retires? I expect all arctic sets will be gone by year end and I think this is the best of the bunch.

I love this set.  I have 5 of everything in the Arctic line long term but my favorite is the Icebreaker and I may add more of it.

Its a phenomenal ship. Did I say I like it?  I really think its a winner.  Unbelievable returns? No   Solid Returns? Yes