70503 - The Golden Dragon

slobey

• 4 weeks later...

Love to hear everyone's thoughts about this set. Looking at recent history all of the other Ninjago dragon sets have done extremely well once they've hit EOL. I'm willing to bet anyone who acquires this set sub $25 will do very well once it hits retirement. Closest price point/size for comparison would be 2260 (ice dragon) which looks to have already returned a 400%+ investment.

would invest money ln 2012 sets first. these sets just came out.

would you buy your kid a ninjago toy thats 400 percent above srp? i wouldn't :))

lego amazon tru target all has this in stock. i don't understand why people are buying from 3rd party sellers.

People are dumb.

This set was just recently released, and people are paying inflated prices to get their hands on it first. Sometimes this is out of greed, sometimes out of ignorance. This set will likely be available for most of the year, and on sale at various times from different vendors. Everyone should have ample opportunities to get it so no need to panic. If one were so inclined however it is available online from multiple retailers including Amazon right now for MSRP, so if you absolutely must own one for collecting purposes and couldn't live with yourself without one just buy it now for full price and be done with it. I know for me personally if I were collecting Lego I would be kicking myself if I missed out on a set like this while hoping to save 5$ on an Amazon sale. It isn't a hugely expensive set, so I doubt it will come down all that much in price. I, however, am speculating that 1) this set will be available for much of 2013, 2) It will be available sub 25$ at various times throughout the year, 3) At those times it would be a good target for buying multiple sets to invest in based on the performance of past Ninjago dragon sets. Discuss :)

I think this set will return huge gains in just a couple years. The other recently retired Ninjago sets are going for big money, and this one has the Golden Ninja that is only in this set and the 70505 Temple of Light. When these go on sale, buy every one that you can get your hands on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...