70503 - The Golden Dragon

slobey

Currently listed as #1 best seller in toy building sets on Amazon. Also on sale for 24.97, about 17% off retail. I only wish I could buy more than 2 at a time. Obviously I'm betting heavily on this set. I wonder if I can get somebody at a local b&m to order a few cases for me...

I just Checked the Lego order Form to buy Wholesale and the Golden Dragon 70503 and the 70505 Were just released January and will be out all of 2013 so they are not sold out, hundreds of thousand are being made, plenty time to get 20 or 30 each. And The 9449 Ultra Sonic Raider and the 9450 Epic Dragon Battle will also be out full all of 2013. ED

Hey guys, If I had the opportunity to buy hundreds of the Golden Dragon minifigure in bulk for about 9 bucks each do you think I should bite? Mainly I just buy minifigures to flip. However I've started to think about buying some of them in bulk just to sit on for years like I do with sets. Would you buy or not?

This is a fairly divided poll hah.. Yes a lower price point would be nice. But around Christmas time I think realistically we could already be seeing 20-25 dollars each for these figures again.. What do you guys think?

I think it is kind of a long time to wait on them. If it was cheaper, ($2-$3) then I would say go for it. $9 is too pricey.

It's hard to say... Lego could release this figure again in the future and kill the value

^this. There is a lot of risk making that purchase and sitting on them just hoping for the best. If your really wishing to make the deal I would attempt to get a lower price like others mentioned.

Just out of curiosity, is this hypothetical, or do you really have a source for hundreds of this figure? Are you planning on bulk ordering them direct from Lego? Will they actually send you 200+ if you order that many? I've never tried to order more than a few parts off their site before, though in theory this should work. I'm officially in the "bad idea" camp though. You should be able to make way more buying the complete sets than speculating on the one figure. Now, if you could get them in bulk for $2-3 it would be another story.

I'd rather buy either of the two sets that Golden Lloyd comes in in bulk than just buy the minifigure in bulk. Especially at $9 each, that's just WAY too high. Granted the minfig is going pretty high at the moment but that is because "The Golden Dragon" is flyin' off the shelves like there's no tomorrow! I don't seem to have a problem picking up "The Temple of Light" from either Target or Wal-Mart. There's at least a couple on the shelf everytime I've gone to either one. Hmm, guess that dragon really is KICKASS!

Outside of these "The Final Battle" sets for NINJAGO, I don't see LEGO including Golden Lloyd in anything else.

Even when NINJAGO returns next year with all new stuff.

I'd rather buy either of the two sets that Golden Lloyd comes in in bulk than just buy the minifigure in bulk. Especially at $9 each, that's just WAY too high. Granted the minfig is going pretty high at the moment but that is because "The Golden Dragon" is flyin' off the shelves like there's no tomorrow! I don't seem to have a problem picking up "The Temple of Light" from either Target or Wal-Mart. There's at least a couple on the shelf everytime I've gone to either one. Hmm, guess that dragon really is KICKASS!

Outside of these "The Final Battle" sets for NINJAGO, I don't see LEGO including Golden Lloyd in anything else.

Even when NINJAGO returns next year with all new stuff.

At any time though Lego could release a surprise $5 fol pack with a Loyd figure in it and demolish this investment idea, and it could be unleashed for the holiday season with little warning or fanfare. Just bam! There it is on the shelves next to the Bytars and Lizarus, every kid gets a chance to own one without having to shell out for the more pricey sets, and flush goes your big investment. Meanwhile the people who bought the dragon and temple sets are still laughing all the way to the bank. Not saying it will happen, just that its a risk you have to account for. It won't devastate an investment in one of the two sets already released if additional sets containing Golden Loyd end up surprising us in the 2014 lineup, but it will badly devalue the individual figure and may make it impossible for you to recapture even your initial $9 investment. Take the safe route, buy the complete sets. Especially if we're talking big money.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW...Wal Mart this week has this set on sale for $24.97 (MSRP $29.99). This is a great value. The Golden Minifig alone sells for over $20.00 and you get 3 Minifigs plus the GOLDEN DRAGON with this set. I would highly recommend that you go to Walk-Mart immediatly and buy as many as you can find. These sets are already hard to find and are selling on EBay for as much as $45.00. Great Deal...Hope this info. helps someone build or add to thier collection!