70009 - Worriz' Combat Lair

mlee117

Is 70009 going to retire early? I know its only been out since the summer of 2013 but will it be retiring in June. But the set has been dropping in price at all retailers. Now its even cheaper then it was before Christmas. Target has it for $35.99 plus if you buy a second one you get an extra 30% off of one. That is way below 50% off. Amazon put it at $35 too but is sold out now. Also Chima is doing poorly and it seems that Lego is retiring the sets within the first year. Hence Equila's Ultra Striker, Eris' Eagle Interceptor, Chi Battles, Eagles' Castle, and Almost all of the speedorz are retired too.

I really like this set. It comes with a bunch of figures, all unique. Some cool accessories, and a decent ppr (especially at $35).

Thoughts?

• 6 months later...

I picked up around 10 of these at target and wal mart in the last couple weeks. 6 @ $35 and 4 @ $40. I don't really see the set as a solid investement, what is your opinion of this set ? I was thinking of quickly flipping the set to use the money to purchase some better investements ?? What would you do with them ??? Thanks.

The playabiliy of the set, and the fact it has several minifigs and can make a few different vehicles I think will make it a decent set to flip for Christmas, but it's hard to guage the long term prospects of it at this point.

Maybe worth liquidating some at Christmas and holding one or two just in case? 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these at my local Kmart for $29.  Chima sets don't sell well, but at more than 50% off I thought it might be a good deal.  What do you think?

They also had 79007 - LOTR Battle at the Black Gate for $29.  It's not selling well right now but maybe it'll get better when the new movie comes out?

Opinions appreciated.

I saw these at my local Kmart for $29.  Chima sets don't sell well, but at more than 50% off I thought it might be a good deal.  What do you think?

They also had 79007 - LOTR Battle at the Black Gate for $29.  It's not selling well right now but maybe it'll get better when the new movie comes out?

Opinions appreciated.

Queenbean84, do a forum search for Worriz Combat Lair and you'll find many hits with this same discussion/question.