42006 - Excavator

Cardiff

I agree that this set is going to do fine. technic construction are usually doing fine and the price point of this set is just perfect: if you manage to get it at a good discount (25% or more) you'll get yourself quite a big set for the money paid.

bigger is better in technic sets imho.

I agree that it could have been found at a better price (like 40% off) some time ago but its last days could have come and last week I got myself my first 4 of those at 20% off. don't want to risk on this one.

keep in mind that 5% discount more on this set is roughly 3

I aim 30/33% off but 25% off is still great for that set (right now the best in my country is about 20% off), because I think that this is a great time to buy it (retiring in the next 5 months, already "hard to find", cheap price, poluar set, will be unavailable after Xmas 2014 and will rise from now up to 100

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup, I will never understand why so many people pass on these sets - Technic fans love their yellow excavators and cranes!

Maybe because of the "invest in what you like" way of thinking.

i've read here that lots of people don't appreciate this theme (I like it, luckily ^^ ) especially in the USA and the UK.

Sadly I wasn't able to get as much as I wanted.

I got only 4 sets and was originally planning to get 7 (7 is the max for any set for me - I have 7 HH for instance) so I still have only two sets in stock. :sorry:

There wasn't big discounts on this set (more than 30% I mean) so I wasn't able to stock some and then it poofed on websites.

I think it will go up to x2 RRP on Xmas 2015. :)

Hint: sell it in a "pack" with a 8293 PF motor (even get at 5-10% off RRP is ok because it's not about making money with the PF set, but to make the 42006 even more appealing)

Note: unfortunately I'll need some money in the incoming months (autumn) so I'm ok to sell these right now with a nice -but not awesome- ROI.

BTW summer crane is:

- not an excavator

- blue ! ^^

(so basically for a technic fan it's like comparing the 42000 Formula one with the new "Le mans" car :) )

Edited by biniou

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...