Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me having the 3185 Summer Riding Camp, Olivia's House, Dolphin Crusier, Sunshine Riding Camp and the New Mall thats coming this summer should bring nice money down the road, I am sure some of the other smaller sets will do great to, but you can't buy everything.

Emazers, what are your thoughts on Olivia's Treehouse? My thinking is that it really stands out, for both young girls and female AFOLs too. It's cute, unique, secretive, and a great build. Also, is it female AFOLs you're anticipating will be the future buyers of the Friends sets you are investing in?

I forgot about the soccer practice. I think more sport themes in general could be good. Maybe a figure skater? Friends Tanya knee whack attack!

LOL. Actually ice skates came with the 2013 Friends Advent Calendar. The mini-dolls are also wearing winter outfits great for ice skating :) but I like the direction you're thinking!

marcandre, thanks for making the thread NSFW ;)

Back on topic, if LEGO create a Friends Project Runway / fashion model set, it would be a hit. I am basing this on the current value of 3936 alone.

I looove 3936! That and Olivia's Invention Workshop were so awesome. It's thinking back on early sets like these that makes me feel the more recent sets are a let down. They seem to be lacking in imagination. The latest sets are more about checking off locations on a list rather than developing and enriching the worlds of each character.

I looove 3936! That and Olivia's Invention Workshop were so awesome. It's thinking back on early sets like these that makes me feel the more recent sets are a let down. They seem to be lacking in imagination. The latest sets are more about checking off locations on a list rather than developing and enriching the worlds of each character.

What happened with 3187? The current prices are jaw dropping...

Exactly. The first time I saw 3933, I thought "girls and robots, how un-Barbie like.  This is going to be something else."  A couple of years later we see oodles and oodles of horses.  Perhaps these are what little girls want afterall ?

That is probably the last sleeper set we will ever see in a loong time :)

Don't forget 3942. I see that one gaining rapidly in value too.

Girls are thirsty little buggers. They need a smoothie stand and a bubble tea stand still.

LOL. Bubble tea! Tho the majority of the US is not going to know what the heck that is.

more male dolls would be nice but then lego will start pairing couples up

No dating in the Lego world! :) Isn't Friends marketed to 8 year old girls?

No dating in the Lego world! :) Isn't Friends marketed to 8 year old girls?

girls at 13 lose virginities these days lol

Well I don't want to turn this into another gender battle (a la the Ms. Brick Fiasco of Summer 2013), but dating is NOT the same thing as losing one's virginity!  :hmm:

Oookay, this is starting to go into the world of weird so to get back on track, how about this castle MOC, huh?

9202160426_eb1a082043_o.jpg

Friendsington Castle>Friendsington Castle by fujiia, on Flickr

• Like 1