Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

Looks very cool and seems like a good addition to a mini modulars.

Im still looking forward to a future mini modulars part II!

I don't think that these would fit next to the original mini modulars - the TRU versions seem to be much smaller - more like micro modulars. They are nice, but not really compatible with the regular mini modulars I think. Now, on the second part I agree, I would also like an extension of the regular mini modulars. :)

Yeah these look much smaller than 10230 Mini Modulars set. Am I the only one thinking those vehicles look much better without the translucent flats on ther bottoms ? To me, the vehicles are hovering over the street as supposed to on the street

Nope. I think the clear flats are unnecessary. If you've ever built/seen the tower bridge which has the same mini vehicles they are totally superfluous.

I saw the same^. I really want to invest, but their small size and price makes me hesitate on how much I will be able to make off of them. I don't even know if I want to get one for myself with a price like that (even if the price per piece is where it's at)

Edit: Forgot to quote Sodafan4ever.

Edited by Mynatt

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by TRU today and they had 5 of the 40181 Pizza Place on the shelf.  I took all 5 to the register to purchase.  When sales associate scanned the first one she said hold on and went to get her manager.  They both came back to tell me that they can't sell them until October 12th and that they were not supposed to be put on the shelf until then.  

Hello all,

If you all recall last years Bricktoberfest @ TRU, you weren't let down. This year will no exception to miss out!

Spend $75 or more and you'll receive a special exclusive mini-mini modular set valued at $20. I don't have the ad in front of me to scan and post, but I will later tonight. The promo starts tomorrow and throughout the month.

Looks like these four exclusive sets will be super collectible!!!

Discuss ^_^

Last year's deal was better from a financial perspective, in my opinion. One only had to spend USD $60 and the TRU estimated value of the free item was $19.99. This year, one has to spend USD $75, but the TRU estimated value of the free item is still $19.99. I noticed that the ad this year has a limitation of one free item per customer per week. 

Last year's deal was better from a financial perspective, in my opinion. One only had to spend USD $60 and the TRU estimated value of the free item was $19.99. This year, one has to spend USD $75, but the TRU estimated value of the free item is still $19.99. I noticed that the ad this year has a limitation of one free item per customer per week. 

I agree now I need to drive to all 4 TRU each week in town.

When I was in TRU earlier in the week they had these out but today when I went back they were all gone. In my case I believe this was because they realized they had them on the shelf too early. The picture is hard to tell but they go 10 sets back each row. And unfortunately my TRU marks things up even more than others as you can see from the 21.98 price tag. Or maybe someone bought all 50 copies they had. Luckily I bought mine and the pizza one on Sunday - I will for sure be looking for the next two later in the month, they were a fun micro build.

EDIT: added photo

post-36471-0-79111400-1412124863_thumb.j

Edited by runormal