10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Has this set only been sold at LEGO Shop at Home until now?

Will it become available to online stores like Amazon?

Will Arkham Asylum also become available similiarly?

This set is also available at Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Haunted-House-Play-Set/22663995

If you are lucky you might score one the next time Walmart runs their random discounts that drive even the most stalwart collector insane.

Will the Monster Fighters Haunted House 10228 be an investment winner? I have around 800 euro's to invest. Will it be wise to invest in 4 sets of 10228 ? I think it is a good choice and hope to double the money within' a year after the set goes EOL. Or...... should I buy other sets? Please advise, much appreciated!

Yes, these will definitely be investment winners. The issue is that we don't know how long they will be around. They could go EOL this summer or could be around for the next 5+ years. If they are around for years then there may be chances to find them at discounts at times. I personally have 4. One that I plan to build soon and 3 to hang on to. This is one set I don't want to be left without but yet don't want to put all my money in to. My suggestion would be to pick up 1 or 2 and then spend the remainder of your money on something else.

Its definitely a winner. As everyone else said, it just depends on how much longer it is out. When all the other Monster Fighters sets EOL, this one will become WAY more popular, possibly making it like some of those over-bought modulars. Its pretty similar to the Modulars don't you think?

Guest ph4tb0i

I think this will definitely be an investment winner. There's no Victorian-Esque house in the modular series yet (unless you count the town house in Pet Shop) so not only does this have a lot of potential for a Monster Themed Lego Display but for people who do city/modulars as well). As for me, I'm thinking of incorporating this two ways: 1. Convert it to a steakhouse for my Modular street. Something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keg_Mansion 2. Build a "hostage standoff" scene with the crooks inside (possibly the lone ranger with the twin guns) and have police command units surrounding it from the outside (possibly helicopter from the top as well). Sooooo much potential for this set. :)

Its definitely a winner. As everyone else said, it just depends on how much longer it is out. When all the other Monster Fighters sets EOL, this one will become WAY more popular, possibly making it like some of those over-bought modulars. Its pretty similar to the Modulars don't you think?

I agree that it is very similar to the other modulars. I like the hinge design in the way that there didn't need to be a staircase on each floor to logically go up into the house. I think that it increases the play value of the set, not that everyone here is interested in that but for some buyers it is a factor. I also think this is a good investment set and a one of a kind model that won't be repeated anytime soon.

Will it be wise to invest in 4 sets of 10228 ?

I think it is a good choice and hope to double the money within' a year after the set goes EOL.

You very likely might double your money within a year of this set going EOL. The big question is when will it go EOL? Because it is still listed on Lego's shopping site and is now on Amazon and available for order on the Lego order form for Lego retailers it isn't likely to go EOL soon.

At this point no one really knows when it will go EOL. It might be like the Death Star that so many now call the 'Life Star' because it never ends.

My best guess is that the Haunted House will go EOL when Lego runs out of inventory. I think that when they produced it they made a lot of extra Haunted Houses to put in inventory. I don't think it is being produced right now because of the specialized colors - the light green and tan. I think Lego made a Monster Fighters production run and then moved on to manufacture something else.

The problem is I have no idea how much inventory Lego produced, nor do I know how well these are selling.

You might do better to purchase something that is going EOL this spring or summer, flipping those sets, and then purchasing Haunted Houses in August (before the demand/price run up of Halloween in October).

I'm not sure if this means anything or not but the Haunted House is no longer listed on TRU's website (at least I can no longer find it). The person who mentioned that TRU was not going to carry these any more may have been correct. Not sure if this means anything for the future of the Haunted House but it is interesting that TRU only sold this for a month or two (if even that).

I'm not sure if this means anything or not but the Haunted House is no longer listed on TRU's website (at least I can no longer find it). The person who mentioned that TRU was not going to carry these any more may have been correct. Not sure if this means anything for the future of the Haunted House but it is interesting that TRU only sold this for a month or two (if even that).

This is interesting, but my gut is still telling me this set will still be around for quite sometime. Just my opinion though.

I think so too. I'm guessing they just didn't do good at TRU is all.

Yeah probably because TRU was selling them for $300, haha just kidding. I actually never saw what they were selling the HH for. Was it the retail $180 or did they have it marked up?

Yeah probably because TRU was selling them for $300, haha just kidding. I actually never saw what they were selling the HH for. Was it the retail $180 or did they have it marked up?

Surprisingly they were selling them for under retail. I bought one 2 days ago for $169.99 plus tax.

Surprisingly they were selling them for under retail. I bought one 2 days ago for $169.99 plus tax.

Really?? That's strange, but I guess you never know. I found a DA at TRU for the regular retail of $149.99 just after Christmas that I'm guessing was a return. TRU is so inconsistent sometimes lol.

• Like 1