eBay.com Web Site Technical Questions and Answers

exciter1

Ebay 12/19/20 Update. I've bolded what I think is most important. One of the mods might want to pin this: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Protections-extended-for-shipping-delays-and-Northeast/ba-p/31444414

Further complicating carrier delays from record-breaking shipment volumes, a major winter storm has hit the Northeast and could impact some deliveries. We are continually monitoring carrier networks, shipping performance, and are also closely following the inclement weather paths. To those sellers who may be affected by severe weather, please stay safe.

We are extending estimated delivery dates and are adding additional time to receive an initial carrier scan for all sellers. This additional time for the first physical carrier scan will be applied to transactions from November 15th through the end of the year. Because the December standards evaluation period is this weekend, we will review and adjust your standards as needed retroactively to mid-November. 

A reminder of how you and your business are protected during this time:

eBay will acknowledge your products were shipped on time when any one of the following happens:

• Tracking shows a physical carrier scan any time within your stated handling time.  Effective November 15, this includes an additional 2 days  from the standard handling time window you’ve committed to in your listings to accommodate extended delays 
  • Buyer answers “Yes” to item arrived on-time when leaving feedback
  • Tracking shows a delivery scan within the latest delivery date for the shipping service selected  

Even in cases where a buyer may see a faster delivery estimate, your shipment will be considered on time if it arrives by the latest day for the shipping service. For example, if you use a standard shipping service with a 1-5 day delivery time plus your stated handling time of 2 days, the item needs to arrive within 7 working days. If your package is delivered any time during this period, we recognize that you shipped on-time.

We will automatically remove any defects, and associated negative or neutral feedback for “item not received” cases closed without seller resolution when: 

• Tracking was uploaded and has a physical scan from the carrier before the case was opened.
  • A delivery scan shows the item was delivered after the case was closed. 
  • In addition, these cases will not impact your service metrics rating.   

We continue to monitor and evaluate carrier transit time and delays and we’ll make adjustments where necessary.

• 6 years later...

Okay, here's a new one to me.

I recently set my Seller Preferences to allow for the Out of Stock option.  I two items of a set of 4 that I had.  The first two sold out.  So, I increased my stock to two once again.  Those two items also sold out.

The auction doesn't show in my active listing.  If I try to "Relist" the listing (from one of the sold listings), it tells me the listing is still active.  If I go to the listing, there's an option to revise.  But there's no option to cancel.

I just want to cancel the listing now, since I don't want it to auto renew, and I have no more in stock.  Can't seem to figure out what's up with this particular listing.  (For the time being, I've put it at 1 in stock, and raised the price significantly).

Okay, here's a new one to me.

I recently set my Seller Preferences to allow for the Out of Stock option.  I two items of a set of 4 that I had.  The first two sold out.  So, I increased my stock to two once again.  Those two items also sold out.

The auction doesn't show in my active listing.  If I try to "Relist" the listing (from one of the sold listings), it tells me the listing is still active.  If I go to the listing, there's an option to revise.  But there's no option to cancel.

I just want to cancel the listing now, since I don't want it to auto renew, and I have no more in stock.  Can't seem to figure out what's up with this particular listing.  (For the time being, I've put it at 1 in stock, and raised the price significantly).

I don't know what I did, but I was able to cancel.  I did have someone ask why I was selling it for $999. LOL

• 1 year later...

2 questions, 1 real and 1 rhetorical.
Does anyone know how i can export ebay pages as a csv file for example of the current listing page and sold items pages?  After doing a search I'd like to quickly dump the item, price, BIN or Auction, Bids, date etc (don't care about the description pics).  Is there a way I can do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated (please don't tell me if i want that data I'm going to have to type it out myself :()

Secondly, why when i search for Lego 10240 under the related searches options do i see some options that have nothing at all to do with Lego or starwars (or anything that someone who's searching for Lego would have accidentally meant).

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

I can see this already on my eBay screen, once in a while.   It is actually pretty nice.  All they have to do now is remove the darn 3PS links from the bottom of the page :P 

The new design will feature horizontal image carousels placed on top of the other. 

Rows are organized by items users recently viewed, items they have added to a list they are "watching," and rows designated for recommended products based on an eBay algorithm. 

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, odysea11 said:

Is anyone else having shipping issues right now on the Bay? It just went dead on me....just curious

I will be trying shortly, so we shall see. I know I went from selling a whole bunch over the past 2 days to all of a sudden not selling anything today.

9 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Is anyone else having shipping issues right now on the Bay? It just went dead on me....just curious

I also had issues with ebay labeling earlier today, not sure if it's fixed yet.

had to switch to another service provider to finish printing the label

Now that retail ground is not an option for eBay shipping, for large packages eBay suggests FedEx Home delivery. Package I am shipping is 7 lb, 24x16x6". Is this the way most are sending larger through eBay now that RG is not an option? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? I appreciate any help. Don't want to eat $25 (or worse, the $150 or so the set sold for), if I am just missing something here.

for large package, I sometimes also consider fed smart post depending on the zoning, but it takes longer time to deliver.

if buyer's address is paypal confirmed, you should be fine regardless which shipping method you are using. As long as the tracking shows delivered, you are covered by the seller protection for any non-defective claim.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

for large package, I sometimes also consider fed smart post depending on the zoning, but it takes longer time to deliver.

if buyer's address is paypal confirmed, you should be fine regardless which shipping method you are using. As long as the tracking shows delivered, you are covered by the seller protection for any non-defective claim.

Is there a reason you use Smart Post over FedEx Home delivery? Home Delivery has a shorter shipping time and comparable price. Again, I have never shipped FedEx before so I understand this may be a basic question 

for certain zoning, smartpost is cheaper. You just have to do the comparison on ebay and you might be surprised by the difference.

once again, smartpost takes longer time but in my experience most of my packages were delivered within 6 biz days

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

Are not all sales on EBay PayPal confirmed? I send it to the address listed when click the Ship Now Notification link on my phone. Do I need to be looking for something else?

Are not all sales on EBay PayPal confirmed? I send it to the address listed when click the Ship Now Notification link on my phone. Do I need to be looking for something else?

Not necessary. One example I can think of is those buyers using forwarding service warehouse address. That’s not PayPal confirmed. Other people here can probably give more examples.

It’s wise to check if the address is PayPal confirmed before shipping.

11 hours ago, superlegolover said:

for certain zoning, smartpost is cheaper. You just have to do the comparison on ebay and you might be surprised by the difference.

once again, smartpost takes longer time but in my experience most of my packages were delivered within 6 biz days

For sure, thank you. Just wanted to make sure that there were no apparent/obvious restrictions that would point to using smartpost over home delivery.

2 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

For sure, thank you. Just wanted to make sure that there were no apparent/obvious restrictions that would point to using smartpost over home delivery.

Personally I avoid Smartpost this time of year since it is slow and people want their craps stuffs ASAP.  Outside of December, it is perfectly fine to use