• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Are they a good investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey hey, be careful there, I was accused of "trolling" when I speculated Farnsworth was retiring. We need documented proof before saying such things...

;)

Maybe I should have said retiring soon, whatever. Farnsworth is an old set, released same year as Robie House. Combined that with being sold out at US LEGO Shop at Home is enough proof for me that its time is over.

Maybe I should have said retiring soon, whatever. Farnsworth is an old set, released same year as Robie House. Combined that with being sold out at US LEGO Shop at Home is enough proof for me that its time is over.

Haha, I was just giving you a hard time - I agree with you. I think the signs are there too.

Also, for what it's worth, I am a big believer in Falling Water. I think the set looks great, the fact that its been in production so long means its popular and has been selling well. It can't go on forever. 

Also, for what it's worth, I am a big believer in Falling Water. 

Falling Water is a winner!  Just picked up another one yesterday at B&****** for $57.  Until Benny's Spaceship is released next month the only two set's I pick up at B&****** are Falling Water and Olivia's House.  There are still some Robie's out there but none in my area.  There's still about two Robie's in the Cleveland and Pittsburgh area is anybody is around those parts.

Guest TabbyBoy

Performance of the Rockefeller Centre (Centre) in the UK has been abysmal.  I bought my 5 at 60% off and still made a loss!  It actually sold for more before EOL.  Another theme I'm now avoiding.

Performance of the Rockefeller Centre (Centre) in the UK has been abysmal.  I bought my 5 at 60% off and still made a loss!  It actually sold for more before EOL.  Another theme I'm now avoiding.

I can see what you are saying. It's currently valued 10 GBP under MSRP, but the set has only been retired for about five months now. Maybe you should have waited a little while longer until you sold them so that you could make a profit.

• Like 1

Guest davewager78

As an AFOL builder as well as an investor, i have enjoyed building architecture sets. The whole buy through build process is nice. The packaging is great, as are the instruction/guide books. The builds are quite ingenious, so hopefully they will appeal to other AFOLs

I don't think you will ever get the investment returns of EOL sets that are linked to a movie or licence, but maybe in the future there may be a few

• 2 weeks later...

Roman Colosseum and the Field Museum in Chicago.  Maybe Millennium Park with a miniature chrome "kidney bean" (Chicagoans know what I'm talking about).

Anymore Frank Lloyd Wright designed houses/buildings would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...