1. 1. Do you like the sets?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Are they a good investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

I am not surprised. That is an awesome set. Is that one retired already?

Yes, and I think it was not even available everywhere. Moves like this are not that nice by Lego, for collectors that simply "have to have every set". On the other hand, it is nice for investors that for some reason get their hands on them before the collectors do.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

The Ka'bah as it'll only be one brick!

Sorry, I don't see any investment appeal in these small scale inaccurate sets that are easily Bricklinked.  However, I'd like to see massive versions of: Mount Rushmore, Forth Bridge, St. Pauls Cathedral, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, etc.

Funny how the UK is only now about to get Architecture Studio.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen any recent traffic on this but the Architecture Studio was back in the local B&******.  I thought it was EOL?  

it turns out that the first run of 50,000 sets or whatever that were produced had an error in the book that comes with the set.  they ceased printing of that book and had to reprint it, that took quite a long time thus the suspicions that the set was EOL, by the time they got the books reprinted there had been HUGE december demand, driving the price up to nearly $350, many of us flipped as many of these as we could find

now that the book has been reprinted and the sets are available in europe and abroad no one really knows what'll happen, but i figure it's a lightly produced set, and apparently printing those books is a huge time/money sink/investment for Lego, if they don't ramp up production signficantly I can see this being another hot December for this set as the 1-2 per retail store are snapped up with 30% off coupons etc

Guest TabbyBoy

As far as I know Architecture Studio is still not sold in Europe and can only be imported.

If you do know where to get them, please share!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

From 01AUG in the UK at least.

I had heard that they would be available in Europe after they came back, maybe just on lego.com, have you checked there?

Currently, lego.com only lists it when you have the region set to United States (where European customers are unable to order from). At least, I didn't check every country, but it doesn't come up when I look at UK, Netherlands, France or Germany.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

I can see this being another hot December for this set as the 1-2 per retail store are snapped up with 30% off coupons etc

20% maybe, but the "usual" 30% off coupon does not apply to this set. I even had problems getting it applied to a Robie House (because it is not listed as a kids-product), but the 30% off coupon specifically mentions that it does not apply to the AS. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't really look at these as an investment and always shrugged them off for being overpriced sets.

I am now looking more into the line and was wondering your thoughts on investing in these guys.  I checked out my local B&****** and they have almost all the sets plus 2 Robie houses at MSRP.  I have heard that set tossed around on the forums and noticed it is a retired set on Lego LEGO Shop at Home.   They also have the Studio set but at $179

I have a 30% off Kids coupon which I think works on a single book or toy.  I was thinking about the membership which is $25 a year but gives an additional %10 off.

Any advice on which sets to pick up and how to maximize from B&******?

Thanks,

Go get the Robie House with the kids club coupon and discounted gift cards. That's a no brainier. As for the others, work some coupon/gift card magic and focus on the retired or close to retired sets. If they have any Sungnyemun buy all of them. That's gold. The problem with Architecture sets is that they stay around for a long time so you have to be careful what you buy.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Robie house can be had for around $135 with coupon/membership/gc and could be immediately flipped on ebay for $250 or more. I recently bought the six I could find in stores around me, all were in pretty messed up boxes and still sold all of them within a week at that price.

• Like 1

Robie house can be had for around $135 with coupon/membership/gc and could be immediately flipped on ebay for $250 or more. I recently bought the six I could find in stores around me, all were in pretty messed up boxes and still sold all of them within a week at that price.

Thanks everyone.

Good to know the box damage didn't affect it as the two in my B&****** were spider wrapped to death.  The cables dug into the box nicely.  I'll see if I can grab those tonight.  The other close B&****** says they have two in stock as well.

If they have any Sungnyemun buy all of them. That's gold.

I looked for those as I have seen them sell for a bunch.  I don't think they had any though.

Thanks everyone.

Good to know the box damage didn't affect it as the two in my B&****** were spider wrapped to death.  The cables dug into the box nicely.  I'll see if I can grab those tonight.  The other close B&****** says they have two in stock as well.

I looked for those as I have seen them sell for a bunch.  I don't think they had any though.

Definitely don't let the box condition to deter you, just make sure the seals are intact and everything is secure enough where nothing could have gotten out. A couple of the sets I sold had holes punched in the front of the box, but small enough where I wasn't worried about a bag of pieces falling out, and it didn't deter buyers. Just make sure you take a lot of pictures and describe all the issues. I did find one set that the seals had been opened and resealed with packing tape, so I left that one behind.

did you read my blog?

plenty of advice there - still valid with some of the EOL sets retired since then and appreciating

enjoy the read

8)

http://blog.brickpicker.com/lego-architecture-building-profits-foreclosure/

Good read thanks!

I am planning on getting the Robie House tonight, have one reserved.  Got my 30% coupon, 10% membership and 10% off GC.  Plus no sales tax in my state, so I should walk out at $100 paid.  I will post on eBay to see if it sells.  I noticed that recent sold listings are averaging $280 or so.  If this works out, I won't hesitate on the others in my area.

Thanks again.