10123 - Cloud City

beeblet65

Hey All - 

Just purchased an 10123 Cloud City Set - very excited to receive it, hopefully it make it through the mail ok!

Just wondering if anyone knows how many of this set were produced or sold?

Thanks!

i believe it was designed and produced during Lego's off years.  This might be the reason (partially) for it's higher price and not seeing it higher ebay auctions for it.

i would you how much u paid (via this forum thread or sitemail)?  if it was the one from canada, i have a good idea :)

Hey All - 

Just purchased an 10123 Cloud City Set - very excited to receive it, hopefully it make it through the mail ok!

Just wondering if anyone knows how many of this set were produced or sold?

Thanks!

I seem to recall it was available for the standard 18 months or so, but at the time (2001-2002 or so) you didn't have all the online retailers selling Lego exclusives so it was only available from Lego.com or a Lego store.  Also, it was a very expensive set at the time ($130 I think?).  Combine those two facts and you get a pretty rare set.  Most people also weren't buying SW Lego yet for investing purposes.  I just barely got mine before they retired them.  It is a pretty cool set considering it was made about 10 years ago...

I seem to recall it was available for the standard 18 months or so, but at the time (2001-2002 or so) you didn't have all the online retailers selling Lego exclusives so it was only available from Lego.com or a Lego store.  Also, it was a very expensive set at the time ($130 I think?).  Combine those two facts and you get a pretty rare set.  Most people also weren't buying SW Lego yet for investing purposes.  I just barely got mine before they retired them.  It is a pretty cool set considering it was made about 10 years ago...

i would never open mine, i am looking for an opened one to build, and display the figures from. the way this set was build it in true essence of what lego is, this set is even quite detailed and functional for a smaller set.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, I need this set. I've been searching for years, and looking back on it I've let alot of good deals slip away. I just don't want to spend $300+ on this set. I don't want the minifigures because I already have different versions of them. I want to spend around $150-$200 on it. Or find bag 3 somewhere because Bricklink has bags 2,4, and 5 pretty cheap. Please guys, help me find this set. It's the last one I need to have a complete collection. Hell I'll even trade some of my good ones for it.

Ok guys, I need this set. I've been searching for years, and looking back on it I've let alot of good deals slip away. I just don't want to spend $300+ on this set. I don't want the minifigures because I already have different versions of them. I want to spend around $150-$200 on it. Or find bag 3 somewhere because Bricklink has bags 2,4, and 5 pretty cheap. Please guys, help me find this set. It's the last one I need to have a complete collection. Hell I'll even trade some of my good ones for it.

That one he posted is the only thing I can find on Ebay.

Have you tried alternate colors for the pieces you couldn't find reasonable? Sometimes dark gray is way cheaper than gray and stuff of that nature.

That one he posted is the only thing I can find on Ebay.

Have you tried alternate colors for the pieces you couldn't find reasonable? Sometimes dark gray is way cheaper than gray and stuff of that nature.

I haven't tried to get the pieces on Bricklink for bag 3 yet, but I may resort to doing that. 

I still remember seeing one in Winners years ago for $100. Passed it up out of shear lack of interest at the time. If only I had known...

That said, $300 for the one matt1147 posted looks to be a great deal now in comparison to the enormous prices on bricklink

I found 3 of them at a Tuesday Morning years ago also for $79.99.  I flipped them right away to find a trip to Disneyland.  This is one of the ONLY times I wish I would have held on to one instead of flipping them all.

I bought a bulk lot some time ago that had a few of the more unique pieces to this set, including the Lando minifig, that "window" and some of those railing pieces. I know I don't have all the pieces, but I might not be too far off. I think I'd primarily have to track down the white pieces and I imagine those printed pieces would be a pain. Haven't had the time to really try, too much to search through.

Josh, keep searching eBay. I've been seeing (complete w/o box, instructions, nor minifigs ) some on eBay the last two months, one was $175 or best offer. I took a chance on it but the seller wouldn't take my low but fair offer.

Another option is to find the entire set loose and then sell the figs.

Josh, keep searching eBay. I've been seeing (complete w/o box, instructions, nor minifigs ) some on eBay the last two months, one was $175 or best offer. I took a chance on it but the seller wouldn't take my low but fair offer.

Another option is to find the entire set loose and then sell the figs.

I believe these are the ones..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Cloud-City-10123-/181184579870?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2a2f71491e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Cloud-City-10123-five-minifigures-included-/141016714417?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20d5404cb1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Cloud-City-100-Complete-/111112421898?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item19ded1020a

The one above is the one where my offer was declined.

Once Bespin Luke, Leia, and Lando are refreshed, we should see this set price slowly decline. There are only a few special elements. The minfigs are keeping the price high. However, it is uncommon compared to most sets. It was produced while Lego itself was in financial trouble

I do think it is a cool set considering when it was made.

I bought a bulk lot some time ago that had a few of the more unique pieces to this set, including the Lando minifig, that "window" and some of those railing pieces. I know I don't have all the pieces, but I might not be too far off. I think I'd primarily have to track down the white pieces and I imagine those printed pieces would be a pain. Haven't had the time to really try, too much to search through.

I had one in a mixed lot 2 years ago. Bought the lot for the Eiffel tower, and the first 3 modulars. Didn't have a clue about the Cloud City set until I got the lot. Ended up putting it together 99% complete. It was a nice score!