Mega Bloks - general discussion

Brick Babe

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have several and they all weighed the same except one. So I opened it being that it was a WHOLE pound heavier. I will upload pics of my contents including a bag count although I know something is off. I either have extra parts or I am in the same boat reddit guy was in. Starting the sorting process this evening.

Just got the Enterprise through Amazon for $99. The box is huge. Inside are two more boxes that are perforated to open and cannot be resealed. Mine were ripped open. 

Bags are not numbered, and parts are generally strewn haphazardly throughout the bags. At multiple points I thought I was missing pieces, only to find them later in another bag. 

The build took me four nights and was exhausting, but worth it. The finished model is beautiful, and the build was satisfying. 

I was missing no pieces in the end (despite the opened box) and ended up with a ton of extras. 

Set is so worth it for $99. An absolute steal. 

I'm over half way through the build (3/4 of the way through the "saucer" section) and haven't run into any missing pieces.  A few though were hard to find due to being small and sorted in with other pieces that were totally different.  The build is rather tedious at first and I almost gave up due to my fingers aching and having to constantly look for pieces.  I'm not an organized person so sorting individual pieces isn't something I will do.  Actually my biggest concern with the model is it's size.  It barely fits on most shelves.  I think the designers should have also made it so that it could be displayed without the stand.  A hinge mechanism similar to the one found on the Lego Star Destroyer would have made it somewhat swooshable and even hangable.  Probably needs two due to it's weight:  maxresdefault.jpg

I'm very happy owner of my recent Amazon purchase, Call of Duty: Odin set. Snagged for just 14GBP which is a steal for this size of set with such amount of nice details. Very sturdy but rather difficult to assemble set since the instruction itself isn't really helping with assembling certain parts. Overall great display value, bang for a buck and it's the only brick set which is placed on my desk next to my daily driver - my computer. Not a fan of the minifigures from Mega bloks tho.

https://gfycat.com/BoldRealisticCommabutterfly

https://gfycat.com/DimwittedBigheartedFinwhale

https://gfycat.com/FilthyGrandioseIchthyostega

P.S I'm a huge fan of weathering/material erosion effect on bricks. Absolutely amazing effect especially on the white bricks.

It's even cheaper right now in UK 12.90GBP
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mega-Bloks-Call-Duty-6863/dp/B00J05N0BM

Edited by Shewie

How many pieces left over? Does the 16lbs include the extras? I have 3 but only weighed the first one I got. 7192g = 15.85 lbs.

7 hours ago, Martae54 said:

FOLLOW UP:

34 bags IS THE MAGIC NUMBER!!!

I have Completed the build and have pieces left over.

Your set, unopened in boxes should weigh right at 16lbs. If it doesn't you ARE MISSING BAGS. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Martae54 said:

FOLLOW UP:

34 bags IS THE MAGIC NUMBER!!!
I have Completed the build and have pieces left over.
Your set, unopened in boxes should weigh right at 16lbs. If it doesn't you ARE MISSING BAGS.

I can second the count of 34 bags to make a complete set.

I got 35 bags with one duplicate bag. Looks like even the extra pieces are truly random because I have different leftovers that what's in the picture.

How many pieces left over? Does the 16lbs include the extras? I have 3 but only weighed the first one I got. 7192g = 15.85 lbs.

16 lbs is what 4 of mine weigh (give or take a 1-2 oz.) yes that weight included the extra pieces. Around 50 pieces were left over, mostly small, inner support bricks, and some of the yellow plates included in the set for stabilization of the ship during its build. I did have some printed pieces left over as well.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, Mathew said:

Finished it tonight.  A load of extra pieces which made me a little concerned that I missed a step or two.  However even with all the extra pieces I was still missing two 1x4 plates which I made due by replacing them with Lego branded parts.  Overall the end model is quite stunning in it's sheer size.  Part of me wants to cover up some studs on the saucer section but it's a building block model and and not a studio model.  The Warp Nacelles are my favorite part of the model.  Wish there was a way to keep them lit up for more than a few seconds.  

Good to see that Megabloks quality control is as good as ever.

• Like 1

Anyone have recommendations of anything worthwhile in the TRU B1G1 free Mega Bloks sale currently going? Some of the Halo stuff is marked off retail, but I'm just not on top of this stuff.

The Covenant Dropship at ~$75 catches my eye

Edited by iahawks550

44 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Anyone have recommendations of anything worthwhile in the TRU B1G1 free Mega Bloks sale currently going? Some of the Halo stuff is marked off retail, but I'm just not on top of this stuff.

The Covenant Dropship at ~$75 catches my eye

I like the Halo sets, some like the TMNT Technodrome too.

• Like 1

On the call of duty hovercraft if ordering online be prepared to get the retail box stickered up on delivery. Last associate I spoke to said the warehouse was out and retail stores were taking the orders and delivering whatever they have left off the shelf no brown box. In fact when going to checkout a notice to gift givers is posted.