Speed Champions 2015

TheOrcKing

The main problem for me, is LEGO McLaren P1 is either 1 stud too long or 1 stud too narrow.  The real car looks "wider".

On the other hand, the Porche 911 looks right proportion wise

Maybe the McLaren could have benefited from being a seven stud wide design over the more standard six but who knows if that may have made it look 'fatter'. I agree the Porsche is a good mix of minifigure scale with realism.

Are any of these TRU exclusives?  I seem to remember reading that on one of the reviews, but can't find it anywhere.  Anyone know?

We picked up one of the cars and the pit stop today.  TRU in store inflated the prices, or else we would've gotten all of them. The husband couldn't wait for the pit stop though.

Are any of these TRU exclusives?  I seem to remember reading that on one of the reviews, but can't find it anywhere.  Anyone know?

We picked up one of the cars and the pit stop today.  TRU in store inflated the prices, or else we would've gotten all of them. The husband couldn't wait for the pit stop though.

They are for sale at SAH, I was looking at them before.  I'm waiting for double VIP points for these..   

Prices at my local TRU were same as LEGO Shop at Home.   The hot car seems to be the McLaren P1.  Sold out at all my local stores.  The other hot car is the LaFerrari, it's also basically gone.  Plenty of the others.

If you're waiting for double-VIP, you get a better deal with the TRU $5 off $25 coupon + 10% on Thursday.  Including TRU rewards, this puts the effective cost of each car at $10.33 + tax (assuming you buy them 2 at a time and use the coupon).   Not bad at all at that price

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 1

Prices at my local TRU were same as LEGO Shop at Home.   The hot car seems to be the McLaren P1.  Sold out at all my local stores.  The other hot car is the LaFerrari, it's also basically gone.  Plenty of the others.

If you're waiting for double-VIP, you get a better deal with the TRU $5 off $25 coupon + 10% on Thursday.  Including TRU rewards, this puts the effective cost of each car at $10.33 + tax (assuming you buy them 2 at a time and use the coupon).   Not bad at all at that price

Thanks. How do you get 10% off on thursdays? Is the coupon online as well?? I'm trying to learn the tricks of the trade on how to score the best deals. That's why I like this site, many people helping others out and posting deals.. The more I save, the more LEGO I can buy. lol