Ninjago 2015

TheOrcKing

I'm not a Ninjago fan, so these sets don't really do anything for me.  But, I've got to say - LEGO certainly allows for some great creativity in this line.  I feel like the more artistic type of designers (as opposed to the engineering types) are over here.  Can't deny that there's some real good creativity over here.

I'm not a Ninjago fan, so these sets don't really do anything for me.  But, I've got to say - LEGO certainly allows for some great creativity in this line.  I feel like the more artistic type of designers (as opposed to the engineering types) are over here.  Can't deny that there's some real good creativity over here.

​Ninjago and Chima sets are some of the most creative of the entire LEGO lineup in my opinion.  The minifigures are awesome and some of the vehicles are cooler than those in STAR WARS sets.

Edited by Ed Mack

LEGO learned a lot from the Chima sets and was able to tone down the bombastic / over the top effects from Chima a little bit to enhance the Ninjago line.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughters, 12 & 7, my son, 3, and their friends all love the Airjitzu flyers. The older kids set up solo cups for targets and see who can hit the most. Also fun to chase the cats with. Hardwood floors are a plus b/c they keep spinning once they land. Grandma even had to try one out in the front yard.

• 3 weeks later...

Why did TLG jacked up the price for 70734 Master Wus Dragon by 10 Euro?:mda: If that would have retailed for 40 Euro, it would have been possible to pick them up for 20-25 Euro and sell them for 50 Euro at XMAS easily. (Of course given OOS-Status) With 50 Euro it will be very lucky to get them for 30 Euro, 35 will be more likely...gah I was counting on that one!:boredom:

I dont get in which case they raise the prices for european sets.

Why did TLG jacked up the price for 70734 Master Wus Dragon by 10 Euro?:mda: If that would have retailed for 40 Euro, it would have been possible to pick them up for 20-25 Euro and sell them for 50 Euro at XMAS easily. (Of course given OOS-Status) With 50 Euro it will be very lucky to get them for 30 Euro, 35 will be more likely...gah I was counting on that one!:boredom:

I dont get in which case they raise the prices for european sets.

It actually seems the the master wu pricing is low in the US and UK.  Titanium dragon is the same price point for US and UK, but cheaper in EU.  Given the piece and minifigure count, I cant understand why this is so cheap in the US/UK.  The set would have been a good deal at $50, but is a steal at $40.  This is the first Ninjago set I have bought, not sure what to do with it yet though...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ositosoto said:

One of the minifigs is Wooo (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=njo176#T=P), but the one set Bricklink has it in is not the one pictured there. The other is Kai (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?M=njo117&in=S), appearing in 4 sets according to BL. The one set they have in common is this: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=851342-1#T=P, but again, this is not the one in the picture (but only half of it). So - must be a newer battle pack.  The set number is unfortunately not completely visible in the picture (50030......).

19 hours ago, ositosoto said:

Hi all,

I had not seen this battle pack before.

it is a toys r us exclusive.. GB only?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lego-ninjago-battle-pack-/201465725293?hash=item2ee84b016d:g:gtQAAOSw7hRWQ8Ey

Not sure if it's a TRU Exclusive but it's going to be available from TRU Canada starting today with $25 purchases of LEGO according to the weekly flyer... Max 10 per store according to the fine print.

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I don't bet on too many sets, but diversification can bring all kinds of surprises, good and bad.

Yeah that´s a lot of fun when it works out well. The problem comes when trying to sell the other 20 gambles from the same theme that didn´t work out so well.

Just now, ckBricks said:

what about 70715 Temple of Airjitzu?

70751 could do well in US if it is really done and doesn´t come back. In Europe we now have advance warning.

Main issue is this was heavily discounted last year so many will be happy to flip for minimal gains. It´s also hard to sell sets in kids themes for high prices.

• Like 1