Legends of Chima 2015

Pseudoty

These Chima battle packs are really cool. I wish they came with four figs instead of three, but they are slick little sets. I think the bears and saber tooth tigers are the best.

It does seem off to include one less minifigure but I suppose that gives room for more parts towards something of a build which includes a territorial banner that I think will work well with Brick Wars type of play settings. Having two lionesses in the Lion Battle Pack is great especially considering how rare the females are in this world of war.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a quirky thought from playing some first-person shooter. These Chima battle packs come with either a red (fire) or blue (ice) flag and torsos with various details. Switch out certain aspects and I can imagine building a Capture The Flag style map diorama in LEGO. "The enemy has your flag!" "Red flag returned." "Red scores!"

70229 - Lion Tribe Pack

I have to say I love the Chima line for their over the top design on characters' weapons.  Take 70233 for example.  Those are some creative ways to create those weapons / constructs.  Of course the minifigs have to be placed on a baseplate to stand, but they look awesome with those weapons in hand.**

** This might be a side affect of playing too much FFVII way back when :D

Anyone else see the unofficial report out of the London 2015 Toy Fair? The rumor is that 2015 is the end of the line for Chima.

Being reported at the Brick Fan..

LEGO Legends of Chima

Summer 2015 wave will be the final wave in the theme.

and Brickset. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/331879/#Comment_331879

Time to unload those Chi Temples! :)

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 2

I think they want to focus on the next ninjago movie (2016), so kids used to have some chima sets will slightly get some ninjago sets instead during 2015 and be crazy on 2016.

Chima could make a reappearance on 2017, but will kids still be interested in this theme ? It would be logical for lego to try another new licence.

• Like 1

I think they want to focus on the next ninjago movie (2016), so kids used to have some chima sets will slightly get some ninjago sets instead during 2015 and be crazy on 2016.

Chima could make a reappearance on 2017, but will kids still be interested in this theme ? It would be logical for lego to try another new licence.

Three more sets this summer, then Chima is done.

http://brickset.com/article/13959/london-toy-fair-report-part-1

I totally agree as the writing on the wall supports this. In 2013 and moreso in 2014, it was obvious Lego wasn't putting much into Ninjago (toy and cartoon-wise). The cartoon still was popular despite the robot storyline.

The resources were instead used on Chima. I csn't tell if Chima is a successful with the kids. My son loves both shows but couldn't careless about Chima toys while he still likes he Ninjago sets. Same goes for t-shirts and pajamas.

I think Lego realized Chima wasn't ever to match Ninjago's popularity so they are putting money at that theme again. ninjago appeals to kids youn adults, and adults. Kinda obvious now thinking about it. The Ninjago cartoons were so successful because key people behind the Lego movie worked on that cartoon.

Goes back to when of my first Chima posts ever on here. Lego should have just secured a Thundercats license instead of Chima.

I have to admit that the last three sets seem to be the worst lego sets ever. Congratulations to make a top 3 in a wave of 3 sets.

The wheels (what???) inside the bear's belly (70225)

The stupid chicken legs of the crocodile (70227)

The head of the mamut on top of 2 stupid walls (70226)... Are they the same guys who made the chi lion temple ??? No way.

Worst. Sets. Ever.

It's like lego were trying to say "hey, look at how bad sets are now ! let's stop all of this joke !"

Edited by biniou

• 2 weeks later...