Ultra Agents 2015

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I definitely want this set! One reason: the tires. The last time those tires were made in black was in some space sets in the 90's.

Well I'll be. It looks like we are on the same page. Haha. :) I do miss those tires so it is great to see them make a little comeback. My other favorite feature is the new color for the space armor Toxikita is wearing. Galaxy Patrol was dark blue, Alien Trooper and Space Miner is dark bluish gray, Infearno with red, now here it is in yellow. Perhaps eventually that armor will be available in every classic color. ^_^
  • Like 1

Well I'll be. It looks like we are on the same page. Haha. :) I do miss those tires so it is great to see them make a little comeback. My other favorite feature is the new color for the space armor Toxikita is wearing. Galaxy Patrol was dark blue, Alien Trooper and Space Miner is dark bluish gray, Infearno with red, now here it is in yellow. Perhaps eventually that armor will be available in every classic color. ^_^

It seems like the Ultra Agents sets have some unique pieces. Hopefully they're a good investment in a few years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmmm I really like the green exosuit and toxikita. The dog is cute too.

But the vehicule, nice design but I don't like its functions:

- the rope is a poor function

- what if rubber bands broke ? (very likely) I don't like that you have to search for others to replace (like the 9493 x-wing of a friend, received with a broken rubber)

- no transformations ? what a disappointement (I like models which have wheels which can turn or open so the vehicule is supposed to fly)

I'll not get this set (for personnal collection) unless I see it with 50% off.

BTW I really, really like the helicopter :) even if I think it's weird that it doesn't have a floor in its middle part. But the inverted propellers ??? Fantastic ! And side reactors can move a little to go on attack mode, that's great.

Edited by biniou

Ultra Agents

Three new sets will be released in the summer. I must confess that I can't tell you much about them because while the rest of the group were being told about them I was busy recording names and colours of Mixels which I felt to be more important. However, the largest set, 70173 Ocean HQ looked great. It's a sizeable boat, probably 12" or so long. The most impressive thing about it was that it has a brick-built hull. I suspect there are loads of doors and features on it which are typical of Agents sets.

Update: (CapnRex101) - The large ship did indeed have a brick-built hull which was quite nicely shaped, with opening hatches reminiscent of those on the original Agents Mobile Command Centre. Other sets included a small, jet flown by an electricity-themed villain and a base for Antimatter, which was based on an oil platform. The purple and black colour scheme looked great, although I generally felt it was a bit insubstantial given that this is the hideout of the ultimate villain.

source: http://brickset.com/article/13959

Poor set. I really don't like the color scheme. Grey and dark red ? Meh...

Hard to figure out that this set is from the UA line, when you put appart minifgs and compare with other sets...

Message to the lego designer of this set:

You're under arrest.

110032-eba.jpg

edit: all 2015 agents sets here to compare size ratio :

Edited by biniou

The set in the front we already know and may already be able to purchase however if you glance towards the back of the display, you can spot something new with a "Jaws" character and shark to match. A bottom for a wicked base looms overhead.

That shark is awesome! I hope the whole base is a cool set.