2014 NYCC Lego Bionicle Mask exclusive Tahu Mask Limited edition

I have 3 of the masks from going to 4 days. the blister case is super sensitive to squishing and I put mine in a separate box, I assume most of them will not be mint.  I also got 4 plastic mans on Sunday, the last day of the con.  I guess i was too busy on Thursday to realize there were Legos being given away.  Finally got some Legos at NYCC, finally less impossible this year.

OI6i1D8l.jpgi5GuPehl.jpg

zANd4wll.jpg

XmoFmkql.jpg

I think the give away count was 1,500 units and ebay deals are down to $45 shipped for the mask already...

I am really surprised it is that low.

Wondering if it is worth grabbing for when the series really becomes aware to kids & collector's more than now with real sets to help and then price will rise.

My first reaction is not...

That being said I like the mask.

Those 4 plastic man should pull you in at least $100 gross pre expenses right now IMO.

It says 1500 on the back. Took them like 20 mins in the morning to run out. i'll keep the other two masks for later.

Not sure if I should sell the Plastic Mans now or later since that's the video game exclusive that is coming out in November.  also don't know the best place to sell them.

I think the give away count was 1,500 units and ebay deals are down to $45 shipped for the mask already...

I am really surprised it is that low.

Wondering if it is worth grabbing for when the series really becomes aware to kids & collector's more than now with real sets to help and then price will rise.

My first reaction is not...

That being said I like the mask.

Those 4 plastic man should pull you in at least $100 gross pre expenses right now IMO.

I have 3 of the masks from going to 4 days. the blister case is super sensitive to squishing and I put mine in a separate box, I assume most of them will not be mint.  I also got 4 plastic mans on Sunday, the last day of the con.  I guess i was too busy on Thursday to realize there were Legos being given away.  Finally got some Legos at NYCC, finally less impossible this year.

How did you get the plastic man? from lego booth?

• 2 months later...

I just forked over some money to get one of these. Only having one I dont know if I will keep it or resell it, I have always cherished the idea of owning something this exclusive. I hope for the price to rise now that the sets are out, but being low on cash, Im kinda banking on this small piece of plastic to do me well.

Seeing in the past that these have sold in the hundreds or merely 25$, Im curious on the turn out.

Edited by Mynatt

Just got another one...

I tend to get attached to the really exclusive self. I hope that I can make enough prophet on one to make it break even for the 2 of them. One was $40, the other was $45. I hope that now with the release of the theme, that the price will rise. Also hard for me to see if there will be a flipping peak. Its hard for me to see if this will be another Azog sort of exclusive or not.

The price on the mask started out in the hundreds, dipped down all the way to the 25$ point, and is slowly going back up...ish.

(Someone was able to pick of the SDCC Agog mini figure for 20$ before it jumped up into the hundreds. I can't seem to figure this mask out)

I don't think these masks will ever become super valuable, but if you're looking to get rare stuff, here's the version of the mask you should try to get:

I got 2 of the ones that were in quantities of 1500. For the moment il cross my fingers for a good flip.