Architecture 2015

TheOrcKing

Wow, I love both of these and will be getting each for the personal collection. I especially like the Flatiron building. Thanks for sharing, TOK.

:thankyou: I think Lego did a good job with the Lincoln Memorial in the size department. The only brick built version of the famous tourist trap I have seen before was Brick City Depot's which is good in its own right.

lincoln1.jpg

Haha, I meant the opposite, from the exterior it looks like it would be far fewer than 471 IMO. Maybe it's bigger than it looks.

Then maybe there are several layers of plates on the inside of the building. Once the set comes out, I would like to see pictures or a review about the set. Looks like a really interesting build.

• 3 months later...

Looking good! This theme remains one of my favourites all time, along with Creator and Classic Space. I don`t own all the Architecture sets unfortunately, still missing a few, but love them all nonetheless. These two looking to be more great additions. 

I did some analysis when the first photos of the set leaked here on my blog.  I guessed 375 Pieces, so I'm similarly confused.  I guess it has a rather complex interior support structure?

flatiron_LEGO-520x245.jpg

---tom

How would it sound if I said the white version above reminded me of a slice of Cheesecake?  :cheese:

My wife loves the architecture and was pretty excited to see the Louvre.  That will be a day one buy for her.

For me personally, I'm somewhat bummed it looks like we won't be getting a larger set this year.  It seems lego has been releasing a 1000+ piece count architecture set every 2 years and the last one was the Imperial Hotel in 2013.

My wife loves the architecture and was pretty excited to see the Louvre.  That will be a day one buy for her.

For me personally, I'm somewhat bummed it looks like we won't be getting a larger set this year.  It seems lego has been releasing a 1000+ piece count architecture set every 2 years and the last one was the Imperial Hotel in 2013.

Probably demand was too small for those sets. Robie House did not exactly have a long retail life, I'd suspect the Imperial Hotel won't stick around that much either.

Edited by inversion

I couldn't help myself, and already started building The Louvre using parts from my collection.  So far, I've only built the glass pyramid, but I have to say that it is convincing looking.  I've shared a few photos of the build, with more photos and analysis on my blog.  I look forward to building the rest of it in the next couple days!

How I attached the panels using clips and Bar 4L...

The wide and narrow panels.

The finished result!

It's a really satisfying model.  Definitely more interesting than the Lincoln Memorial or Flatiron Building! 

Awesome!

---tom

Love the pictures, and your blog.  I have added it to my RSS feeds.  Keep up the good work!

I visited the Johnson Wax HQ designed by FLW in Racine, WI back in 2012 and came across a LEGO Architecture box art of the building set next to a bunch of Architecture sets at the gift shop in Fortaleza Hall. When I asked an employee when it will be released. She said sometime in 2013. Too bad it never came into fruition. :/

Edited by teohwp85