Limited Tag in Lego Catalogue Question

Hi, In the UK Christmas Lego catalogue there are 6 sets with 'Limited Quantity' marked against them.

Is there any link between this tag and EOL due, or is it also put on a few if they expect to sell out.

My initial thoughts were it's an EOL sign as Tower Bridge, DeLorean, VW Camper, Pet Shop were marked like that and they've already been well discussed on the forums as EOL due.

but, what threw me was Palace Cinema and Fairground Mixer marked Limited as well.

As these are the only 6 lines in an 82 page mag it raised some thoughts.

I would be very suprised if PC and Mixer went EOL - I'm assuming it's due to demand expectations, but there are loads of other hard to come by sets or high sellers not marked as such - what are other peoples thoughts?

They maybe just reserved pre-Christmas production capability for other sets, so no new "runs" might be planned for those for the remainder of 2014, but not (necessarily) retirement. I imagine that most of TLGs business especially before Christmas does not come from the big exclusives, but tons of the smaller sets.

• 11 months later...