79003 - An Unexpected Gathering

To clarify if you use the code yoyo30a at checkout you get $20 off this set and free shipping. This is a 1 time sale for new accounts only, so if you've previously ordered from them you're out of luck. No, you can't order multiple sets either. Its designed to bring in new traffic to their store, though I'm not sure how well its going to work out for them. I'm an equal opportunity shopper, so if they offer the big sets I'm interested in at a discount price I'm all over it. Not sure how they're going to pull that off and make money though...

To clarify if you use the code yoyo30a at checkout you get $20 off this set and free shipping. This is a 1 time sale for new accounts only, so if you've previously ordered from them you're out of luck. No, you can't order multiple sets either. Its designed to bring in new traffic to their store, though I'm not sure how well its going to work out for them. I'm an equal opportunity shopper, so if they offer the big sets I'm interested in at a discount price I'm all over it. Not sure how they're going to pull that off and make money though...

I guess they are willing to take a loss on a set in hopes that person will spend money on other stuff they offer. I don't they are losing too much money if they are only offering this as a one time deal to attract new customers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am curious as to what everyone else thinks?  I think it is a really possibility, but it might also stick around until the following years holidays.  I think it is easily the most iconic set of the Hobbit so far, and possibly even of the whole LOTR/The Hobbit theme.  Disregard Isengard (Orthanc, but I liked the rhyme).

I agree with you in that it is one of the most iconic sets in the whole theme. Will it last longer than 2 years? Perhaps, especially since it seems like the theme will stick around for another 4+ years. It truely is difficult to anticipate things like this, but if I had to guess, it will retire Summer next year, then be re-issued later on. Once again,  this is speculating though.

I agree with you in that it is one of the most iconic sets in the whole theme. Will it last longer than 2 years? Perhaps, especially since it seems like the theme will stick around for another 4+ years. It truely is difficult to anticipate things like this, but if I had to guess, it will retire Summer next year, then be re-issued later on. Once again,  this is speculating though.

I am not too worried as I haven't seen anyone start clearancing them out yet. But I don't have it and eventually will need to purchase it.

I am not too worried as I haven't seen anyone start clearancing them out yet. But I don't have it and eventually will need to purchase it.

True. How could I forget about clearance signs?  :suicide: (<- I love that!) I will need to buy at least one also. I think it could have one of the biggest percentage gains in the theme!  :suicide: <- Me when it retires before I can buy it.