Dino - general discussion

deanearp

• 1 month later...

Agreed! I picked up 1 set before Christmas and was skeptical. The theme really is on track to do well, so anyone who can buy in, even at retail, I`d do it. 

Yeah I got into investing after they were gone. Since I am huge Dinosaur guy, I seriously would have stocked up.

I got 3 Trex hunters at Barnes and Noble for 48$ and then have picked up a couple of the others here and there.

My best score was a $69 Dino Defense HQ at Walmart.

My local TRU had 8 or so T-Rex Hunters still on the shelf but at full retail, so i would check every so often to see if they ever went on clearance. Sure enough they went to %50 off finally, but someone got them all before i even knew they were on sale :(

Someone must have grabbed all 8 at once as i check TRU every other day on my way home, i was kicking myself ><

• 2 months later...

My B&****** has had 2x 5885 Triceratops Trapper's for over 2 years now. Has a $54.95 price tag on it. It seems to be the least performing Dino set. Waiting for them to get the 30% off sticker. Or better yet the red 50% red dot sticker.

As an investment I would not pick it at 30% (unless you want it for yourself or your son).

About another set, it was hard for me to sell the Dino HQ 5887, but finally they sold themselve in a month. Amazing, I don't understand. Sold 5 of them, still have 1, made some nice return.

I don't understand, maybe a Jurassic Park movie has been on TV screens, lol.

About Jurasic Park (admire the transition please) I think we should sell the 2012 Dino sets before spring 2015 because if LEGO makes a deal with the next JP movie (Jurassic World, June 2015), it will blast them like a meteorite would...

• 4 months later...

I suggest preparing to sell all your Dino sets soon. The upcoming Jurassic Wolf / Park line is basically a refresh.

http://lego-minifigures.tumblr.com/post/99474203886/lego-jurassic-world-sets-officially-announced

LEGO Jurassic World Sets Officially Announced

Universal Partnerships & Licensing announced yesterday, what has been rumoured for a while: The LEGO Group is an official licensing partner for Jurassic World. The movie directed by Colin Trevorrow and starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will premiere on June 12th, 2015. The partnership between LEGO and Universal includes the release of several construction toy sets to be released in May, 2015 and supposedly also a video game.

The press release quotes Jill Wilfert, The LEGO Group

• Like 1

I suggest preparing to sell all your Dino sets soon. The upcoming Jurassic Wolf / Park line is basically a refresh.

http://lego-minifigures.tumblr.com/post/99474203886/lego-jurassic-world-sets-officially-announced

LEGO Jurassic World Sets Officially Announced

Universal Partnerships & Licensing announced yesterday, what has been rumoured for a while: The LEGO Group is an official licensing partner for Jurassic World. The movie directed by Colin Trevorrow and starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will premiere on June 12th, 2015. The partnership between LEGO and Universal includes the release of several construction toy sets to be released in May, 2015 and supposedly also a video game.

The press release quotes Jill Wilfert, The LEGO Group

• 1 month later...