3186 - Emma's Horse Trailer

LEGO Oleg

Whatever you do, don't put all of your money in Friends. Check out the other themes. Maybe you are on to something about the trailer set. If your investment goes kaput, would you mind keeping them? What if the sets don't die until a year from now. Would you want money tied up in fairly new set? http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/sets.cfm?theme=612 I have a tendency to consider the girl themes to be the cancer of LEGO. I would have a hard time buying them even if they appreciated nicely.

Since not many people will probably buy these for investment, that means a very limited amount will be available later on in the secondary market, which can mean high values. The only two sets for AVATAR are backed by this, quite possibly most of the BELVILLE sets and some odd others. Of course there needs to be an actual desire for these down the road. Just saying, limited stock can give way to higher prices when the time comes.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't put all of your money in Friends. Check out the other themes.

Maybe you are on to something about the trailer set. If your investment goes kaput, would you mind keeping them? What if the sets don't die until a year from now. Would you want money tied up in fairly new set?

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/sets.cfm?theme=612

I have a tendency to consider the girl themes to be the cancer of LEGO. I would have a hard time buying them even if they appreciated nicely.

I thinks some lego Friends set very hot

Is it time to get it a lot more for EOL? or just wait this summer?

I have several of these and have flipped several for a nice profit. At the moment I'm mixing them in with lots of Friends items. I purchased all of mine in the LEGO store at Potomac Mills in the DC area about a week ago. The other ones to look out for are the Dog Show and the Advent Calendar. The Advent Calendars I bought at $22.50 and can easily flip them for $50-$60. Both the Horse Trailer and the Dog Show are EOL after Spring. I have no source to post to back that up, but there was a forum post here that was closed that supported EOL for those sets after June. IMO Friends is not something like Star Wars where you hold it a long time. It's something that you buy and flip when the profit meets your requirements. Actually, that's pretty much what I do with everything...I'd rather move stuff and reinvest than hold it forever.

Both the Horse Trailer and the Dog Show are EOL after Spring. I have no source to post to back that up, but there was a forum post here that was closed that supported EOL for those sets after June.

IMO Friends is not something like Star Wars where you hold it a long time. It's something that you buy and flip when the profit meets your requirements. Actually, that's pretty much what I do with everything...I'd rather move stuff and reinvest than hold it forever.

1. thanks.

2. I do50/50. and always keep one set for my long terms collection.

Lego friends set 30100 Olivia at the beach poly bag. This was an exclusive set only available in the U.K. I got a bunch for 9.37 a piece and they have sold on ebay for 32 to 35 plus shipping. I should turn quite a nice profit becuase thesee are rare. I have to say that the friends theme in my opinion is going to have staying power. I agree with the star wars idea that these sets shouldn't be held long but I think around Christmas time the EOL for spring should do nicely.