Bionicle Platinum Mask of Light

pango.707

I have the Bionicle Platinum Mask Of Light. Only 1 made ever, making this the rarest and most valuable lego piece of all time. This item weighs in at a stagering 3 troy OZ. of pure Platinum. This was givin away in 2003 as a promotion with the Cartoon network. 1 Grand prize contestant only.

I have the Bionicle Platinum Mask Of Light. Only 1 made ever, making this the rarest and most valuable lego piece

of all time. This item weighs in at a stagering 3 troy OZ. of pure Platinum.

This was givin away in 2003 as a promotion with the Cartoon network. 1 Grand prize contestant only.

Why don't you show us some photos? I'm sure members would love to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

No paperwork, but do have the original display box. I have it listed on Ebay right now for $29,000 or best offer. The LEGO community is shocked!! I have had amazing amounts of offers. Here is a link to the original TV commercial add. http://adland.tv/commercials/bionicle-mask-light-82003-060-usa

Any thoughts to using an escrow service? That might expand your market. A face to face transaction isn't exactly without risk, especially one involving a 30k item made of precious metal.

Yes, this transaction would definitely need more precautions. Though face-to-face is safer than a PayPal payment, it is not 100% safe. I would try the escrow service since it provides a little more protection.

Quite the markup for $5,000 worth of platinum. You would have to REALLY like Bionicle to put this in your collection. Good luck seller, more power to you to get the price you want. If I received any offer close to what you're asking, I'd jump all over it, of course I don't know how much you're into this thing either. As for purchase, I would probably only accept a direct wire transfer from another bank account prior to handing this thing over. Making sure that everything is in place before making the deal go through. Too many shady characters out there not to be super safe. Even if it costs you a bit more up front, could save you a lot down the line.

• 7 months later...

I actually made a generous offer on this item back when it first was listed. Unfortunately he still didn't accept it. I think he is asking too much honestly. Very very low amount of collectors who want this at a price higher than 10,000. I think he paid around 7-8k for it. 

Completely agree. Bionicle is just not as popular, so basically there is a very small target market for this item, especially at that price. Now, if it were a platinum Vader helmet or something like that it would be a different story.

Completely agree. Bionicle is just not as popular, so basically there is a very small target market for this item, especially at that price. Now, if it were a platinum Vader helmet or something like that it would be a different story.

A truly single exclusive lego star wars item like the elusive George Lucas minifigure would have me cashing in 15-20k for if it went up to auction!

I think that people would pay around $30,000 for a platinum minifigure from a very popular theme like Star Wars, Harry Potter, LotR, and the Hobbit.