Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

Guest eightbrick

Sigh. I don't really know what to think. Just awhile ago, Lego was gonna tear Minecraft apart for their hand in "killing" LU. Now they have a microfigure theme, a minifigure theme, and who knows what else? Strange.  On one hand I can understand the craze surrounding the game, it's like having an unlimited supply of Lego to build whatever, but then again this will be the first time Lego has done a video game license, so who knows if it will tank or boom. Personally I don't like how the characters look in minifigures, brick-built would probably be more suiting. As a collector, I'll be staying away from essentially an expensive box of 2x2 bricks but as an investor I pick one up depending on how they do.

It's sort of funny actually. That they have to sell bricks as part of a building game brand to promote... building? 

I found this little gallery of rather large MOCs for various parts and characters from the game itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirklandlegoman/sets/72157631488039562/

The first set is pretty fun to play with, especially if you have 2 or more to add to the bricks.  I have all the sets for investment, but I had to open 2 of them to play with.

That is one thing I will admit to liking with the sets themselves. The more you have, the bigger world you can make as well as more room to be creative.

If Lego is intending on going through with creating a full range of minifigure scale sets under the Minecraft theme, I would think Lego will need to make them more readily available for everyone than the current CUUSOO sets are meaning these sets can not be Lego exclusives. As if we really need another limited theme here like Technic.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of the game personally. Certainly nothing against it, but Minecraft isn't my block of tea. I am curious though to see what they end up doing with a theme. I`m sure it will do very well amounts those who are fans. 

Same with me. I am not a fan of the game. But there are people who want these sets because they like Minecraft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...