Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

I wouldn't visit a russian site if I were you, your computer probably has a backdoor or trojan on it now.

While this is true with a lot of .ru sites, I'm pretty sure your computer (and mine) here in the US already have dozens of backdoors installed right from the factory, or even before that (at the computer chip factories), courtesy of the NSA, FBI, CIA, and China's equivalents, 

• Like 3

They look alright. I don't like Minecraft but I sure hope that they retire the original set. I have a lot of them. So easy to store and nice price. Its a 100$ set easy when it retires IMO.

They have gone up close to that before when shortages happen at xmas, have they not? I like the little sets too. Have 4 of each. They take up so little room. I might get 2-4 more of each.

So are these a candidate for the QFLL crowd this Christmas?  I imagine that Mexico has been spinning these off the line by the thousands to feed the holiday rush.  The sets seem very meh to me.  What is the consumer sentiment?  Anyone here a member of Minecraft community hearing any buzz about these on other boards?

They are too big to display on a shelf.  I can't see holding any for long term appreciation.   I actually think that the original 4 CUUSOO sets will do better with this new mini fig-scale range out.  I think Minecraft superfans will buy one or two of the big ones, play with them a little bit, then decide they want the mini versions to decorate their desk/office/etc.

I will probably get a few just in case. But I would not get a bunch just in case they are overproduced. Remember what the mini sets have done at xmas but then also remember that Lego remembers this too and may produce more. What is more powerful? Lego's manufacturing capabilities or the inventory destroying power of the horde?

I will probably get a few just in case. But I would not get a bunch just in case they are overproduced. Remember what the mini sets have done at xmas but then also remember that Lego remembers this too and may produce more. What is more powerful? Lego's manufacturing capabilities or the inventory destroying power of the horde?

My money is on the horde

• Like 2

Here is a review of them all. Nice video.

Cool. That video was cool, those sets were cool, everything was cool. :P On a more serious note, I totally dug the Crafting Box set soon as I saw the Mooshroom. :) It includes a nice handful of stuff plus a skeleton which is one character from the line I do like. The First Night offers a great amount to play & build with and The Ender Dragon is going to be a massive hit.

How do you guys think this impacts the older minecraft sets?

I honestly don't think it will affect them because they are 2 totally different concepts. Christmas sales won't be as high since there are all of these new ones now. I think these sets bring in a lot more people into the market because Micro World's werent that awesome. IMO

That video definitely encouraged me to think about grabbing a few of these just in case they quickly go OOS. I think the farm/first night are must haves for playability, but for coolness (yes, everything in that video was COOL!) the Ender Dragon does it for me. Even though it isn't the largest set in the line, I think it will do well. The Mine, while bigger, has a lot of similar elements to the smaller sets, and the diamond get-up for Steve looks like it only comes in the Ender Dragon set.