5002145 - Rocket Raccoon

Pseudoty

I did lightning fast flips on these and made more than double my money after fees and shipping. I think these are/were good investment if you can get it for under $5 out the door. I bought all the ones I could from my local TRU (47 of them) and listed the same day. Sold all of them in the first few hours. I don't know about the long term. Guess it depends.

Does anyone have the TRU 6 digit Item# for this guy? 

Just noticed that the box which contained these polys (used it as my shopping basket) has the "No. 440 of 995" printed on the outside of the box. So there ya go, 995*200 = 199000 units in the USA, so basically 200,000 units available in the first wave. Not sure if they'll receive more or not. If you consider the size of the Asian market abroad and the slower domestic market, that is not very many units to go around in the long-run, but more than enough to drive the price down to $10 in the short term.

Does anyone have the TRU 6 digit Item# for this guy? 

Just noticed that the box which contained these polys (used it as my shopping basket) has the "No. 440 of 995" printed on the outside of the box. So there ya go, 995*200 = 199000 units in the USA, so basically 200,000 units available in the first wave. Not sure if they'll receive more or not. If you consider the size of the Asian market abroad and the slower domestic market, that is not very many units to go around in the long-run, but more than enough to drive the price down to $10 in the short term.

So my 175,000 guestimate wasnt that far off.  If the item # is on the reciept I will look when I get home from work but I think someone posted it in the DD thread on Sunday,

• 2 weeks later...

been a couple weeks since anyone has posted for this item.  so i'm just finding out about this polybag.  funny thing is, i was in a toys r us the other day looking for mixels and i saw probably 50 of these rocket raccoon's and didn't think anything of it.  then i did some research and it's selling fairly well.  anywhere from $7-13 on average.  if you can get on the higher end of that then that's quite the ROI especially since it's basically immediate the second you buy one.  

so i went to my local Toys R Us and found the last 7 of them.  

What are the predictions for this you guys? A lot has happened with it, it seems in just the past couple weeks.  Looks like they are all gone and you are lucky if you find some left in the store.  

I noticed the hulk polybag is over $30 a piece and other really expensive ones that maybe were more limited than this one but do you think this could hit at least $20 per bag? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i have 30x these polybags and have it up on auction.  past sales not too long ago were at $240 and $230 yet I can't sell for even $209 w/free shipping.  i know it's more flooded but there aren't many bigger lots like this out there and i have the best price.  i just want to unload them at this point.  need the money.  really confused why it's not selling.  

should i break them down into 3 lots of 10? maybe people just don't want 30 of them at once anymore.  

so i have 30x these polybags and have it up on auction.  past sales not too long ago were at $240 and $230 yet I can't sell for even $209 w/free shipping.  i know it's more flooded but there aren't many bigger lots like this out there and i have the best price.  i just want to unload them at this point.  need the money.  really confused why it's not selling.  

should i break them down into 3 lots of 10? maybe people just don't want 30 of them at once anymore.  

that should move them quicker, lots of 10 still go pretty good for $70

Just like you said, the market is flooded, which was a given by how many hundreds/thousands(?) every TRU store received.  The current going price isn't a good indicator of what you'll be able to sell it for, because if you're able to get your hands on 30, 50, 100, etc, then most everyone else can, too.  Plus, these are still available at many TRU for $5 or less.  Whenever I research whether or not to buy polybags like this, Jor-El, etc., I always look at the current sold prices, then figure it will drop to 50-60% of that by the time it's widely available.  Or, of course, you can hold them for the long-term and hope the supply/demand works out.

Edited by TJ488

^ thanks, i kinda need the money quick.  i certainly won't lose money, if anything I'll still make a profit AND have paid for a small Friends set, but stinks i can't get what i could have a few weeks ago.  the 30 i got were only because they brought out a box that was leftover from the promo week.  is what it is.  not all winners but like i said, i'll still come out on top and just want to unload at this point and trying to figure out best way and price point to make that happen. 

^ thanks, i kinda need the money quick.  i certainly won't lose money, if anything I'll still make a profit AND have paid for a small Friends set, but stinks i can't get what i could have a few weeks ago.  the 30 i got were only because they brought out a box that was leftover from the promo week.  is what it is.  not all winners but like i said, i'll still come out on top and just want to unload at this point and trying to figure out best way and price point to make that happen. 

If you want to unload now, probably best to do as ravenb99 said and bundle them in lots of 10.  Also, consider international shipping, if you don't already have it (but obviously you'll want to charge S/**** for that).

And yes, seems like most TRUs have brought them out (even my local store, which used to have them locked up in a back room and would only sell me a few at a time).  But I wouldn't touch them unless I can get them at 20-25% off again.

Edited by TJ488

• 9 months later...