76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

A surprise would be any exclusive being retired without a retiring soon tag. I think Lego have looked at the money being spent on the secondary market and have just decided to encourage customers to buy from them first.

I don't think your average Lego purchaser is checking the site weekly looking for retiring soon tags so I'm not sure how much impact that has.  After all, some sets that were tagged in October/November are already climbing well.

3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I don't think your average Lego purchaser is checking the site weekly looking for retiring soon tags so I'm not sure how much impact that has.  After all, some sets that were tagged in October/November are already climbing well.

Anyone going to SAH to buy something will see them. And this info is spread all over the online Lego community, so all those people are more aware of sets retiring than in the past.

If a buyer has a set in mind they've been meaning to buy, and they see a retiring soon tag on it, they're more likely to buy it before it retires than if it hadn't had a tag on it IMHO. Presumably this is why Lego are doing it. It may not have much impact on us, but it will clearly have some impact if we're missing out on those kinds of buyers.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Why? It´s followed the classic C2c-sold out pattern so far. Will probably come back a few more times and then be done for good.

Because quite a few times I've seen the c2c, sold out, then toos pattern. It's like it goes to Sold Out until they get estimated delivery for next shipment. Even 75192 went to Sold Out at one point on day of release.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
50 minutes ago, Val-E said:

This just moved to TOOS at EU shop, which is consistent with other recently retired sets. Expect a retired tag within the week.

LOL - expect a relaunch as soon as it exceeds RRP after fees say, in 2027?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with checking if an item is 100% complete. I received a Helicarrier a few weeks ago, but there's a huge gouge in the box. Pretty sure everything is there, but I thought I saw on here before that there is a way of checking if all bags are present. If anyone could help me out with that, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks,
Jamie

8 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with checking if an item is 100% complete. I received a Helicarrier a few weeks ago, but there's a huge gouge in the box. Pretty sure everything is there, but I thought I saw on here before that there is a way of checking if all bags are present. If anyone could help me out with that, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie,

I believe this video will inform you of the number of bags/content....It should all be in the first 45 seconds or so.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...