KShine

76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

629 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

A surprise would be any exclusive being retired without a retiring soon tag. I think Lego have looked at the money being spent on the secondary market and have just decided to encourage customers to buy from them first.

I don't think your average Lego purchaser is checking the site weekly looking for retiring soon tags so I'm not sure how much impact that has.  After all, some sets that were tagged in October/November are already climbing well.

59 minutes ago, kurnitb said:

Tax is included in the $380. Can even go lower with gift cards, :) 

So given an average 10% tax in the US, your $299 AUD equivalent is actually $439 AUD ...

3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I don't think your average Lego purchaser is checking the site weekly looking for retiring soon tags so I'm not sure how much impact that has.  After all, some sets that were tagged in October/November are already climbing well.

Anyone going to SAH to buy something will see them. And this info is spread all over the online Lego community, so all those people are more aware of sets retiring than in the past.

If a buyer has a set in mind they've been meaning to buy, and they see a retiring soon tag on it, they're more likely to buy it before it retires than if it hadn't had a tag on it IMHO. Presumably this is why Lego are doing it. It may not have much impact on us, but it will clearly have some impact if we're missing out on those kinds of buyers.

2 people like this