76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

What I find most interesting about this set are the microfigures. If this set sells consistently (and IMO it will) i think this set will prompt TLG to move forward with some smaller detailed SW UCS sets utilizing the microfigures. I think the new falcon from the movie with an 1800 piece count, microfigures, and light up hyperdrive possibility for $199 - $219 in 2017 would make financial sense.

I will be buying this as a fan first and foremost.  I will buy it and immediately open and put it together.  I love the big sets that Lego has produced, and have bought almost every single $100 set there is, and pretty much every exclusive Lego has produced in the last couple of years.  I will continue to buy all these big products because the little sets bore me.  I have every single Lego movie set, including the $10 ones only because we love the movie so much me and the wife both wanted to collect the entire series.

I think some people are overreacting to the negative comments about the Helicarrier.  You have to think that the US population alone is over 300 Million people.  This website and all the others combined are probably over what 100,000??  Not including those that have an account on multiple sites.  (I know this includes people over seas as well, but I think you know where I'm going with this.)  Basically, it's the extreme vocal minority that is being loud right now.  You have to think that there will be tons of people out there, that don't about these websites and stumble across a Lego store or online, and BOOM, they are out buying it.

Obviously demand will be significantly lower than a cheaper $30-$40 set, but it will be big enough to justify producing the set.  Hell, look at the freaking death star.  This is going on it's 7th year of production and it's a $400 set.  Obviously there are more than enough people buying these sets to keep justifying these high price point sets.

I just don't see why there has been so much blowback on it.  I guess it's just easier to be pessimistic about something.

I'm fan of LEGO and the Avengers. This is a day one purchase for me. I buy for myself and daughter, not for resale. Like the post above, it will prob sit in the corner of a room until I get time to build it. When I do start the build I will be playing the Avengers on my TV. lol   

I was pondering on waiting for  double VIP, but I want it now.. 

IMO it feels like the adults here are being a little harsh on a set that every 7+ year old boy in North America is going to want BADLY!!!!

My nephew is a massive Star Wars fan but of course also loves the Avengers.

He now wants this set as much as he still wants a Death Star. And here in Canada it's $100 cheaper. Boom!!! One less Death Star sale.