41055 - Cinderella's Romantic Castle

jaisonline

Should be lots of demand for this one unless there is a re-issue. Parents will spend $100 on this one when there are none left in the wild. It's a cheap alternative to the big Disney castle.

Totally agree. I think parents will spend upwards to $150 as compared to the $350 castle.

I'm out and not looking back even if 41055 increases to $200 (which i doubt but hey, who knows).  for those folks who think parents will buy this instead of the Disney Castle, maybe. maybe not.  both have different audiences. plus 41055 doesn't really give you much for the retail price let alone secondary price.  i built one with my daughter and she wasn't really interested in it.  Just not much to it.

so i decided to sell my last two 41055 sets and both sold hours w/in listing.

These 2 were part of the same batch of sets (along with the same # of carriage sets- 9 left) I bought in the summer of 2014 for a holiday flip that year which didn't happen.   Some folks including myself thought this would be a sure shot 2014 holiday flip (like the Dolphin Cruiser in 2013).

I'm just happy the price increased about $20-$25 since mid-Oct.   There was a couple week scare last month when Amazon had the set listed for $5-10 less than my recently sold sales .  Regardless, i've held onto these sets long enough.  while the set was easy to store, it's an an odd shape (depth and height) which made shipping MISBs a hassle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Until Phantom Bricks drops 100 on FBA.

This trend is only going to get worse in the coming years.  Speaking for myself, the capital that I have available to buy inventory has more than doubled in the last two years and it continues to grow.  I suspect that the trend is the same for other mid to large scale sellers.  All of that capital has to go somewhere and as long as it is flowing into Lego, that is going to equate to larger stocks of inventory up for sale at any given time. 

• Like 3

...And this is why the bubble talk is silly. Margins will continue to squeeze until they approach the effort required to store and move boxes around plus cash opportunity cost. It will be a graceful decline into institutionalized permanent availability.

Yes, what people perceive as a bubble popping is actually a properly functioning market in which the outsize profits of the past attracted more sellers, which fostered competition, which caused prices to fall.
  • Like 3