Speculate which recently retiring set will be the first to hit 5x RRP?

How about:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=41500-1

14.5 times retail ain't bad for a 2014 release

There are at least 6 other sets from 2014 that have a current market value of over 5 times their retail price.  I don't think any of them have been mentioned so far.  Dem sleepers...

​Mixel data is skewed at the moment, 99.999% sure. There is nothing magically more valuable about the first one in every color.

• Like 1

​Mixel data is skewed at the moment, 99.999% sure. There is nothing magically more valuable about the first one in every color.

​what it is doing is picking up sets sold and registering them as the first value found (or number entered by the seller which happens to be the first one in the set).  generally on most ebay listings all 3 are listed but the first one gets tagged as the sale.  and mixels sell a lot as sets thus throwing off the numbers.

that being said main flain sales appear to be in the 5x range anyway.  but there are a lot of small sets like this that will likely hit 5x long before sets like TH and SSD do.  

How about:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=41500-1

14.5 times retail ain't bad for a 2014 release

There are at least 6 other sets from 2014 that have a current market value of over 5 times their retail price.  I don't think any of them have been mentioned so far.  Dem sleepers...

Agreed.  It's just from the way the data is parsed.

​I sold Flain for more than $25 shipped on eBay (and I was not the only seller to do so)

I'd say Flain won (ie. hit 5x MSRP first)

How long are you all keeping the Rover? Think it'll go up any more?

​This one seems to have slowed down to a crawl, in the EU at least. I've listed a couple at just over €100 each time on ebay and no bites. Though I see two were sold recently for €114 plus shipping. Hoping to get rid of a few this xmas.

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, I'm reading the forum and in this post some of you talked about the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. I'm new in the LEGO business but I think I could say it is near retiring, right? Do you think it's a good investment? Thank you very much.

I think it'll be a great investment, if it ever retires. This could be a "Tower Bridge" or "Death Star" lasting much longer than other "normal" releases...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Yep, had a gut feeling about that one, if you ever need one again give me a shout. We can trade for a Pet Shop if you want :)

Me too. Well... to be honoust my wife did. 

I predict you will be getting a pm very soon.

9 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

DS

Out of office assistant: Out buying some more DS. Your emails will not be forwarded.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BP said:

The Tumbler. 

The short lifespan, high level of Dark Knight fans combined with the high level of Batman fans will make this one go out of the charts in no time. 

Mark my words :)

Your words are marked, don´t worry we´ll come back to this.

• Like 2

On 5-9-2015 at 3:50 AM, dcdfan said:

I think it'll be a great investment, if it ever retires. This could be a "Tower Bridge" or "Death Star" lasting much longer than other "normal" releases...

plse change 'could' by 'IS'

SSD will be the 5x MSRP set for me