BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

One suggestion to consider. Use yellow for in stock but above MSRP. The explanation mark is helpful but red, yellow and green might be easier for people to quickly identify what sets are still available at MSRP (green), above MSRP (yellow) and red (out of stock).

I guess this depends on your target audience of investor vs. shopper. A shopper would be attracted to green. As an investor, the Amazon sets above MSRP don't interest me. Just my $0.02.

I think this will be a great tool, especially with alerts and the like. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

With all due respect and please don't take this the wrong way because I like you, but hypothetically speaking, a SSD for $450 would not interest you? How about a HH for $200? Many people, including myself, buy above MSRP. I do it all the time.

With all due respect and please don't take this the wrong way because I like you, but hypothetically speaking, a SSD for $450 would not interest you? How about a HH for $200? Many people, including myself, buy above MSRP. I do it all the time.

I agree. The more I learn, the more I realize that paying even a premium above retail for some special sets can be a wise decision. I like the flexibility of this tool in that regard. Trust me, most of my suggestions are bad ones that hopefully, at a minimum, create a dialogue to produce even better ideas. I do it to my team all the time and they almost always have the better ideas.

2014 is turning out to be quite the year with exclusives retiring and these Brickpicker upgrades.

This was in the works way before tmock guy showed up with ooslego thing. Looking forward to see new daily deals interface!

In my defense I didn't just 'show up' with the ooslego thing. People in the thread wanted to use a google docs spreadsheet or a dropbox file to update sets going out of stock. People were complaining that it was tedious to keep up to date and I saw this as a process that could be automated so I spent just over 3 hours development time creating that site for the people in that thread.

Glad that BP has created their own version which probably works better than mine did. 

• Like 4

Jeff, are you going to bother with KMart and B&N and such?

Not a 100% sure on this.  I think we will watch these for a bit and see how it goes.

Top work Jeff. Are there any plans to add UK retailers? Also if there is a way of adding email and text notifications to that service I could see members paying a premium for it.

I would love to, but in all honesty, there needs to be a demand for it from non-us members.  The US is 1,000,000x more rabid as resellers.  There is a cost to this the way I have this setup.  If I want to add other regions, I will need more servers.  This here already has a few servers hitting these sites non-stop 24/7.  Adding a couple of new stores will be no problem, but trying to get into UK, Australia, etc, that will be costly.  If the clicks to purchases doesn't pay for this, then there will need to be a premium on this.

Running this test overnight was honestly its first stress test and we saw that we will need to raise these servers from 2GB of memory to 6GB.  That is another $30/month for each server.

Please note as well, for the next day or two, there will still be some configuration changes as we watch how this is working.  I wanted to get it out there, get some feedback.  If you see some anomalies or errors, that is probably because we are making a change or needed to restart the crawler, etc.

In my defense I didn't just 'show up' with the ooslego thing. People in the thread wanted to use a google docs spreadsheet or a dropbox file to update sets going out of stock. People were complaining that it was tedious to keep up to date and I saw this as a process that could be automated so I spent just over 3 hours development time creating that site for the people in that thread.

Glad that BP has created their own version which probably works better than mine did. 

Sorry, I sounded wrong - I was not attacking. It just original post I was responding to was worded in such a way as if Jeff's (or whoever he hired) work  was derivative. I was just saying that it was not

• Like 1

Nice job. If it is not too much extra work it would be great to eventually have  UK and EU tabs too at some stage - not only to help us track things but so you guys  can make  purchases like when the SC was available on Amazon FR at a good enough price to warrant ordering from the US. I really miss the pricenoia all in one screen as it was the quickest way to see everything in one glance.

Is there a way to add client-side feature to hide the sets I don't care about? Does not have to be persistent between sessions - just some client-side UI to hide certain rows

As I was trying to mention earlier there will be a few different pages here.

1. This page that is live.  Goal is to track hot sets, sets that could be potentially going EOL, hot flipping sets.  Will have the SMS alerts, etc

2. Other pages will be stock and price trackers for all the lego sets on all 5 of these sites.  They will update quite frequently, just not every few seconds like this one is.

I don't want to flood this page with 100 sets that are all over (unless it is truly needed).  It will unfold more over the next few days

As I was trying to mention earlier there will be a few different pages here.

1. This page that is live.  Goal is to track hot sets, sets that could be potentially going EOL, hot flipping sets.  Will have the SMS alerts, etc

2. Other pages will be stock and price trackers for all the lego sets on all 5 of these sites.  They will update quite frequently, just not every few seconds like this one is.

I don't want to flood this page with 100 sets that are all over (unless it is truly needed).  It will unfold more over the next few days

The list seems to be of sets that are starting to sell out (not sold out). Showing the sets that have sold out already would also help.

My previous thread (which was removed) was intended as a heads up for sellers - so they would know (by looking at one source) which sets are OOS and could be sold at a Christmas premium.

Jeff - Sorry if this was already asked...don't think so...but do you just tap into existing "free" APIs provided by the vendors or is this some service you need to sign up to for pricing, status, etc? Simple REST calls perhaps?

Just the web developer in me asking nerd questions :)

The list seems to be of sets that are starting to sell out (not sold out). Showing the sets that have sold out already would also help.

My previous thread (which was removed) was intended as a heads up for sellers - so they would know (by looking at one source) which sets are OOS and could be sold at a Christmas premium.

Your thread is live again:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/12460-out-of-stock-lego-set-christmas-alerts/

• Like 1

I would like to get at that price.... Both!!

Sent from my XT1052 using Brickpicker mobile app

Jeff - Sorry if this was already asked...don't think so...but do you just tap into existing "free" APIs provided by the vendors or is this some service you need to sign up to for pricing, status, etc? Simple REST calls perhaps?

Just the web developer in me asking nerd questions :)

No APIs here.  APIs for Toys R Us and LEGO don't really exist.  I think Walmart is getting closer to Amazon.  Target I haven't tried gain.  They have had 3 different affiliate vendors in the past year and I need to catch up with that. The last I looked, I need to download their whole inventory, then delete everything.  So most of these don't update enough or would be too slow.