BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

EDIT: I'd also like to see the Amazon column moved all the way to the right. The prices fluctuate, but there's always a unit available at Amazon, so it's not as useful if we're scanning the tracker.

Amazing tool, by the way. I really hope the guy who first coded a tracker gets credit and compensation.

I don't understand the point of moving Amazon to the right, i don't see how that makes anything better.   You are correct, there is always a unit available at Amazon. The point of making in stock with the current pricing to me is valuable.  I don't know why you don't think its not useful.  I find value in it.

The other of the tool that showed up earlier is tmock12, he has posted in this thread.  Feel free to send him a donation for the great job he did on his page.

This appears to be the best thing since sliced toilet paper!

Serious and sincere thanks, now I don't have to manually check so much and update my own lame spreadsheet ;)

Odd:  

Farnsworth House shows available at Lego for $0 (obv retired)

Suggestions:

Adding Sopwith Camel, Pet Shop, The Tumbler, Olivia's House, Dolphin Cruiser, Pet Salon, and Santa's Workshop

Comments:

On the picky visual side of things, the red is bright and tends to draw the eyes away from the "darker" green, where more time is necessary to view and process the information contained there. I find it mildly challenging to quickly grab the pertinent data at a glance, for now. Certainly not complaining, though.

The actual prices are great, and I would love to see a larger/thicker font for the dollar digits so that they jump out at us more. (Cents can remain nearly invisible)

I think a third color would also be preferable to the tags, though not a bright yellow. Perhaps some sort of gold would work. If you want to get crazy, making anything less than retail show up in blue would be neat. Or blue for retail, green for less than retail, maybe?

Really berzerk idea:

What would it take to eventually log and store the instances/dates that these sets transition from in stock to out of stock and back, then make that available for viewing in some way (not at a glance, obviously, but perhaps with a link under each set - I'm no code guy)?

Great new feature, thanks.

A couple thoughts would be:

1) can you differentiate between being out of stock vs. call to check or sold out on LEGO Shop at Home?  Perhaps change the label if you cannot order it on the website.  Ordering a set and waiting a week or 2 for an item to get back in stock is much different than being call to check or sold out as I cannot even order it at that point.

2) Can the list be updated with sets that are now call to check or sold out on LEGO Shop at Home? For example, I don't see Jabba's sail barge, Pirate ship ambush, Olivia's House, At-te, etc.  I know quite a few $20 sets are sold out now, so perhaps just update for higher $$ sets for now.

I will have an update later tonight on the backorder Lego sets.  

I am already logging the changes, that will show up probably later tonight

I will play around with font/color/design changes over time, but I will never win with this.  What makes one person happy will update 10 others, but I am sure there will be better ways to display things.

I have mentioned a few times that there are a few other trackers coming along with this that will allow people to follow certain sets, get alerts, etc.  Sadly my job this afternoon is getting in the way of anything that people really care about :)

• Like 2

I will have an update later tonight on the backorder Lego sets.  

I am already logging the changes, that will show up probably later tonight

I will play around with font/color/design changes over time, but I will never win with this.  What makes one person happy will update 10 others, but I am sure there will be better ways to display things.

I have mentioned a few times that there are a few other trackers coming along with this that will allow people to follow certain sets, get alerts, etc.  Sadly my job this afternoon is getting in the way of anything that people really care about :)

Tell me about it. The day job is always the one getting in our way of having some LEGO fun! :D

Though I still have tens of years in front of me to be retired and sit, reading everything with a cup of tea, I can't really complain of the fun job I'm doing.

Anyway, thanks, Jeff, for making BP such an enjoyable site!

Farnsworth house is showing in stock at TLG with a price of 0.

OK so it's marked retired (did we know this??) and TRU only has them in stock for local pickup, not online. Maybe the tool can differentiate between shippable and local pickup only?

Yeah we did know it was retired (for a few months already?), but it was stuck in TRU's "above msrp" purgatory. The fact that they actually discounted it, might mean they wanted to clear the stock. B&****** still have it in stock at local stores - I am going to use them 20% coupons to build up a bit of inventory on these, considering that now they are mostly gone

Ok, so some changes from feedback.

• Turned the table into a grid, all columns are sortable and it is searchable
  • got rid of the red OOS and made it light gray so that it doesn't jump out at you as much as the in stock listings
  • Make the font bigger on in stock
  • bolded the price to make it easier to read
  • for now i removed the automatic refresh, i am trying other options
  • added the log at the bottom

Time to make dinner

• Like 4

• got rid of the red OOS and made it light gray so that it doesn't jump out at you as much as the in stock listings

Time to make dinner

Name a restaurant and we'll pm you a gift card
  • Like 2

Time to make dinner

Thanks, Jeff!

Don't you think programming is just fun? :)

Time to make dinner

Wow, that's an impressive amount of changes already...it's looking really good.

Be careful about that, I live only a few minutes from the center of Princeton, NJ. It gets quite pricey there :) But oh so good :nyam:

If you ever find your self in Charleston let me know, Husk was recently named one of the top ten restaurants in the country. And they're not even the best in town.

Edited by Migration

Just a thought since this has different use cases for different people - what do you think about breaking up Amazon into two columns, one for Amazon as the seller and one for 3rd party?  This would satisfy both those looking for lowest available price for long term investment and those that are looking to track which vendors are selling out.

Also, it looks like the links for out of stock items at TRU are pointing to Target.

Great work.  This thing rocks!

41058 shopping mall showing $0 in stock but oos on Amazon

sea cow showing oos but in stock at MSRP on Amazon

yes but then a moment later it corrects itself.  I think Amazon is rotates sets or something because some of these sets show lots of activity and change. Back and forth, etc.

by tomorrow, i should have this fixed as well as some of the different LEGO statuses fixed.

• Like 1

So I just checked out the latest updates to the stock tracker and I gotta hand it to you Jeff, this is extremely well done!  As a developer and UX enthusiast, I am impressed with how this is coming together.  What's even more impressive, I'm sure, is the level of complexity behind the scenes that we don't see. 

I can't wait for whatever else you have in store for us!  

Thank you!

So I just checked out the latest updates to the stock tracker and I gotta hand it to you Jeff, this is extremely well done!  As a developer and UX enthusiast, I am impressed with how this is coming together.  What's even more impressive, I'm sure, is the level of complexity behind the scenes that we don't see. 

I can't wait for whatever else you have in store for us!  

Thank you!

Thank you very much.

I do want to note that the Amazon listings are a little wonky right now, but will get back to normal a little later today.  Sorry about that.