10664 - Creative Tower

Flood just coming online, just like 2 weeks prior to xmas was.  Margin squeezed, but still decent profits no matter what--easy $$.  If you want to weather the flood, more profits definitely on come xmas--look for $100-125 IMHO

to get spot from FBA's price should be at least $6 lower in this one.. this means that $92 is the max.

92*.85-17= $61.20 ( based on your buy in one can still say easy $$ ). trust me i won't be flipping for $6 (that's what $49.99+tax buy in gives).

i might flip a minifigure for $6 :) but not this set :P

Edited by newbie77

to get spot from FBA's price should be at least $6 lower in this one.. this means that $92 is the max.

92*.85-17= $61.20 ( based on your buy in one can still say easy $$ ). trust me i won't be flipping for $6 (that's what $49.99+tax buy in gives).

i might flip a minifigure for $6 :) but not this set :P

I believe most bought @ $30.

I believe most bought @ $30.

Only few got in on BF @ 30; mine at those are long gone,  35 was a smaller release and those are mostly gone too.   now 50 recently thus noobs price mark 

Not following his math though by dropping another $6 on FBA current pricing then the high FBA fee pricing, then the high acquisition cost.  

Even at $10-15 profit, I agree it's marginal for this item as it can be a bit more in short order.  That said, 20% is healthy for a lot of flippers on this board it seems.

Only few got in on BF @ 30; mine at those are long gone,  35 was a smaller release and those are mostly gone too.   now 50 recently thus noobs price mark 

Not following his math though by dropping another $6 on FBA current pricing then the high FBA fee pricing, then the high acquisition cost.  

Even at $10-15 profit, I agree it's marginal for this item as it can be a bit more in short order.  That said, 20% is healthy for a lot of flippers on this board it seems.

in the recent re-hash... $30 was a lot less release. $35 was significantly larger. i am estimating about few thousands. then it was $49.99 where most of the release was.

dropping $6 on the FBA's price is to get the spot on BUY-BOX(BB). otherwise you won't stand a chance of selling unless price is much lower in the list. i don't think most purchaser go and look @ the lowest price and buy. most just click the seller from BB.

in the recent re-hash... $30 was a lot less release. $35 was significantly larger. i am estimating about few thousands. then it was $49.99 where most of the release was.

dropping $6 on the FBA's price is to get the spot on BUY-BOX(BB). otherwise you won't stand a chance of selling unless price is much lower in the list. i don't think most purchaser go and look @ the lowest price and buy. most just click the seller from BB.

And THAT's completely the wrong attitude on selling on AZ and a perfect way to tank prices in no time.   If BB is active, it'll rotate among FBA sellers at a high preference over FBM.  No need to drop way below.  That's just leaving $ on the table for no good reason. 

And THAT's completely the wrong attitude on selling on AZ and a perfect way to tank prices in no time.   If BB is active, it'll rotate among FBA sellers at a high preference over FBM.  No need to drop way below.  That's just leaving $ on the table for no good reason. 

then i understood or experienced it incorrectly. my apologies.

btw, how long have you been selling on amazon?

other experienced amazon sellers, can you please chime in here. my experience has been, doesn't matter whether you are BB eligible :) ... usually if the price is close to FBA its always FBA. there is smaller box, "other sellers from Amazon box" where you might end up based on how many listings are within the main BB listing or range;  BB win is either FBA or your price is at least some significant $$ lower.....

Edited by newbie77

Montreid might have assumed you were selling FBA and not MFN (I did).

If you are MFN I agree you need to come in lower then an FBA seller in order to get the BB.

FBA sellers should rotate the BB based on geo-location, nearest shipping warehouse, random mystery factors, quality of seller, etc.  I've held the BB plenty of times (as an FBA seller) without having the lowest price amongst FBA or MFN's.

That all said I have a repricer,  I set the minimum to my target sale price,  it pulls the top 20 sellers and adjusts based on the rulesets as necessary higher or lower.  I try not to look at it again if I can help it or I'm tempted to lower the min.  Only trouble I've run into in the past is fast selling items that get caught before it increases the price.  Everything sells sooner or later.  Matter of capital and patience.

Mods may be better moving this to the fba thread.

thanks for the explanation. i do sell FBA for some non-FBA for others its all hybrid and mess. :)

my calculation above was basically for the non-FBA sellers. :) :) sorry for the hyperbole et. al. i should have elaborated such in my writing which i didn't since i didn't want to bring in FBA charges.

i assumed most of the people in the forum are not FBA and just mentioned such.

so revising

for non-FBA's selling price of:

$92*.85(Amzn comm)-17(shipping)= $61.20 ( based on your buy in one can still say easy $$ ). trust me i won't be flipping for $6 (that's what $49.99+tax buy in gives).

if its FBA then its

$98.17-($23.49 Includes $8.76 FBA Fee don't include storage and shipping cost to AMZ)=$74.68

Edited by newbie77

I'm always assuming FBA when I read since that's my perspective.

On the CT's I sold a handful last week for a $25 profit each.   Holding the rest to either part-out or sell in 4thQ.

I assume if someone really wanted to sit on these until 2016 4thQ they'd see $200 each.

That someone is not me.

i am not that as well :D LOL

Wonder if it takes into account your physical locast to the buyer vs the amazon warehouse.

Be smart if it did.

based on my perception it does not. { either FBA or others. } about 90% of recipient of my items are in east coast. { there are other sellers who are closer to them for most of the items so definitely it doesn't happen }

Wonder if it takes into account your physical locast to the buyer vs the amazon warehouse.

Be smart if it did.

As you said, too complex to overthink it with Az's formula.  Keep It Simple.   For FBA - reprice to match and and raise price to lowest x lowest FBA person with # qty  with a  Y set floor.  That way you'll set an adequate floor with and an automatic rise of price on the product you prefer to have--even with a fast selling product.

I usually use qty 3 on slower sellers qty 5 on faster and top 100 qty 10.     

eg Dew's toys on this listing is leaving at least $1.00 if not more on the table for his 2 FBA items.  FBA already charges the first 30 days storage on these, so a quick sale means nothing  Even if he raises to the LOWEST FBA, that's $1.00 per unit earned more.  BB rotation will probably give him just marginal less coverage, but matching lowest on BB maximizes his margin with minimal negative impact.

• 8 months later...

(Sorry about resurrecting an old conversation)

What size shipping box are you all using for 10664? Is 20"x10"x12" the smallest one that can hold one of these? Do you think it's acceptable to tape together two 10"x10"x12" boxes (I have these)?

I have a bunch I have been sitting on, but would like to now list and clear out. Thanks.

Edited by g3man