75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

Ah, come on.   Is that really a surprise?  Episode VII comes out in December.  We'll see images in November, and product in December.  That's not a secret, that's just obvious.

Yes, I agree that it is a matter of time before the next "UCS" MF comes out.  The only question is how big will it be and how much will they make it an EP7 version compared to OT.  Maybe you can build both with the parts like a Creator set ?  Mind blown!

If this does get released in Aug 2015 that leaves May 4th open to another possible UCS release if TLG decides to continue that trend.

So let me get this straight: we are getting a UCS Slave I in January, a possible may the 4th exclusive, the UCS Tie in August, and a purported UCS falcon in November? Better load up on Red 5's and ewok villages if that's the case. Is this really a likely scenario 4 exclusives in one year?

Oh yea hi guys! Long time lurker finally posting.

yeah. A bit bummed. Not a bit. Really. This looks like Red-5 10240 gaffe all over again.

I don't understand how people can be bummed by this one?  the TIE Fighter is one of *the* most iconic ships in Star Wars.  This set is practically a must have to go with 10240 Red 5.  I'm surprised we've waited as long as we have for a UCS TIE Fighter.

Also, why the hate on 10240?  I've built it, and love it.  Don't see how it's a gaffe?

If they wanted to go for the jugular of investing, they would simply re-release 10179. Everything we know about investing would be thrown out the window and chaos would ensue.

They don't want to go for the investor's jugular because LEGO enjoys having the LEGO secondary market strong and the values high.  One affects the other, regardless of the bans.  As I stated to another member recently, if LEGO destroys the secondary market, the perceived value of new sets will suffer greatly.  The secondary market LEGO prices are the main reason LEGO can charge(and get it) $400.00 for a box of ABS plastic and Mega Bloks and Kreo-O cannot.

The rise of LEGO to #1 stature in the world of toy making and profits walked hand in hand with eBay and the explosion of secondary market sales.  As eBay became more popular, LEGO followed suit.  Don't let anyone tell you different.  Sure, there was a change to a more adult oriented style of set(UCS...Modular...Advanced Models), but did anyone ever really think why LEGO went that route?  LEGO likes to ban certain VIP members because they want to make a point of not being excessive and to stop competing with them with currently available sets.  

As for a new Falcon, I guess the rumor is of a large Falcon playset that will replace the 10188.  Even if it's a new 10179, could you blame LEGO for redoing the set?  People have had plenty of time to make a profit from that set.  Time for another generation of resellers to take advantage of a new version.

• Like 6

As for a new Falcon, I guess the rumor is of a large Falcon playset that will replace the 10188.  Even if it's a new 10179, could you blame LEGO for redoing the set?  People have had plenty of time to make a profit from that set.  Time for another generation of resellers to take advantage of a new version.

I just can hope this happens........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...