Classic 2015

I like the "throwback" concept. Great point, though, migration.

I remember when I was young having a box of Crayola crayons with eight colors.

It was plenty.

My kids have a box of Crayola crayons that, were I to count, must have over a hundred different colors crammed into the box. Honestly, how many variations of "red" are necessary?

Umm, wow, these are great! Didn`t expect to see a Tan baseplate there, though it is long overdue. Honestly I`ll admit it, I`m a sucker for these assorted piece sets, most of them are just down right fantastic. They make perfect gifts and are ideal supplements for your collection, my only beef is the price point on some of them. 

These are very trendy sets.  I like them and there are many parents shifting back to the simple LEGO sets.  Don't underestimate these sets.

This. When I am lurking in the isles of TRU I hear that all the time, "I just want plain Lego so they can build using their imagination like when I was a kid".

Well I couldn't find a clip of it, but this reminds me of "button classic" on 30 Rock.

Me neither. Best I could find was Liz Lemon going on about 'classic girl friday'. Heh.

These are very trendy sets.  I like them and there are many parents shifting back to the simple LEGO sets.  Don't underestimate these sets.

I'm snagging those 32x32 baseplates. Only set to include those anymore are the modular houses.
  • Like 1

Me neither. Best I could find was Liz Lemon going on about 'classic girl friday'. Heh.

Here we go, I found the next best thing -- a transcript:

==

Jack Donaghy: As you know, we've sunk a lot of money into developing this new microwave start button. It's been four years and $10 million. I think it's time we pull the trigger. What do you think?

Liz Lemon: I kind of like the old button.

Jack: Button classic. I love it.

-Button classic? It's hip and homey.

-Oh, my god, guys. We're crushing it!

Jack: Your first executive decision and you've already saved this company $2 million in future R and D.
==

On a side note, this is also the episode where we get a lovely explanation of the "uncanny valley".
  • Like 2

This. When I am lurking in the isles of TRU I hear that all the time, "I just want plain Lego so they can build using their imagination like when I was a kid".

I was not a believer in those $30 buckets from Walmart BF sale.  Now that I am, I can see the potential on these sets :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up the green and tan baseplates the other day.  The green is a bit brighter than the previous model. My daughter was thrilled by the tan baseplate. She immediately asked me to take the seaside house off the shelf and we built an entire beach scene on it.  As for the green one, I think I'll bricklink a modular and use it as the base so that I can hide it under scads of grey tiles.

Then I am not the only person who noticed that as well. I wasn't sure if it was just store lighting but I swore the green for the baseplate was brighter than the prior one.

New green plate is getting quite a bit of flack  in shop @ home reviews. People are pissed not only by price hike, but because the color is off, so it can't integrate easily into set ups they already have that are based on 626

• Like 1