10557 - Duplo Giant Tower

Kenxxx

I picked up 3 of these from the Walmart promos at $30 - $35 each.  I'm disappointed to see them selling mostly in the $50 - $60 range on ebay (with free shipping).  Mine are priced a little higher and not moving.  By my math, if I sell at $53-55 (free shipping) I'll only break even (or lose money shipping cross country).  I know nothing about Duplo.  Should I hold?  Is there something that will change in the market in the next few months that will make these more attractive?

I feel if you can sell it on your local CL for $50 just get rid of them for a small profit.  It's a pretty good set for parents to buy to start off their Duplo collection but I feel that it's not a good investment.  Of course that's just my opinion.  Let's just say I didn't buy any of those and bought a bunch of the 10664 Lego Towers instead (and my youngest still plays with Duplo)

Agree with the above, Duplo is not even comparable to System stuff at all in terms of popularity, you just can`t equate the two. Try and get $50 for them if you can, but I`d strongly suggest dumping them for what you can. Re-invest the capital elsewhere, these are not going to gain value over time either, and if they do it won`t be comparable to what you could make elsewhere. No, definitely flip them asap and take it as a lesson learned, don`t buy Duplo in general hehe.

• 1 month later...