76035 - Jokerland

jaisonline

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-super-heroes-summer-2015-set-rumors/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+%28The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News%29

"Just2Good is back with another video with information about the Summer 2015 wave of the LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes sets as well as the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sets.

For DC there will be a

• Like 1

Sounds like it will kill the Funhouse, if it's not dead already.

Nuff said.

So true that I didn't even want to type it. funhouse fans have to hope Harely Quinn isn't in this set (which prob she is). We also have to hope this isn't a TRU exclusive.

It would be cool if this turns out to be the arkham breakout replacement.

Glad I went with my gut and avoided funhouse like the plague

Does your gut hate money? I don't really get all the funhouse hate and the knee jerk reaction to a rumor about a new "Jokerland" set.  The funhouse was available almost this entire year at TRU markup.  Despite that, it is selling for $80 on Amazon right now.  That's pretty good for a $40 MSRP set that many folks were able to get for $30 or get it with some freebies.  Effectively, its only been retired for a few months given the TRU availability.  But hey, if people want to rush and dump now based on a set we haven't even seen then that's their choice.  Maybe people are just being impatient for having to hold the set for so long?  That is a risk that is taken when purchasing TRU exclusives.

On the flip side, people were being criticized for "dumping" their Quinjets.  Which is a set that has performed below most expectations post retirement, been retired longer than the funhouse (or to put it another way, been gone from primary retail channels longer than the funhouse) and we have actually seen official pics of what the remake is gonna look like which is coming out in a few months. 

What if the new jokerland sets actually pairs with the funhouse? 

• Like 3

It may also contain a Harley Quinn but maybe in a different suit. As some of you all mentioned hopefully it will be a set that can be complimented well with the funhouse.

If the price point is true we may get the big and highly detailed joker face facade and some complimentary smaller stands/rides behind the facade. Funhouse would then fit in perfectly. They may go a completely different direction tho and just rehash a large Funhouse.

Does your gut hate money? I don't really get all the funhouse hate and the knee jerk reaction to a rumor about a new "Jokerland" set.  The funhouse was available almost this entire year at TRU markup.  Despite that, it is selling for $80 on Amazon right now.  That's pretty good for a $40 MSRP set that many folks were able to get for $30 or get it with some freebies.  Effectively, its only been retired for a few months given the TRU availability.  But hey, if people want to rush and dump now based on a set we haven't even seen then that's their choice.  Maybe people are just being impatient for having to hold the set for so long?  That is a risk that is taken when purchasing TRU exclusives.

On the flip side, people were being criticized for "dumping" their Quinjets.  Which is a set that has performed below most expectations post retirement, been retired longer than the funhouse (or to put it another way, been gone from primary retail channels longer than the funhouse) and we have actually seen official pics of what the remake is gonna look like which is coming out in a few months. 

I dumped them because I wanted to reinvest that money elsewhere.  I don't have an unlimited budget so if I want to buy into something else at this point it means selling off another set.  If it turns out that it was a mistake to do that, lesson learned and I move on.  But for right now I feel it was the right thing for me to do.  I still made money so I'm not upset.

It sat around on TRU for almost a year after retirement, which indicated to me that there wasn't as much interest in this set as I thought there would have been.  It could take a very long time to creep up to that $100.

It may also contain a Harley Quinn but maybe in a different suit. As some of you all mentioned hopefully it will be a set that can be complimented well with the funhouse.

Possible, but the new 52 and Arkham versions of her outfit are probably a bit too risque and/or dark for Lego.

Does your gut hate money? I don't really get all the funhouse hate and the knee jerk reaction to a rumor about a new "Jokerland" set. The funhouse was available almost this entire year at TRU markup. Despite that, it is selling for $80 on Amazon right now. That's pretty good for a $40 MSRP set that many folks were able to get for $30 or get it with some freebies. Effectively, its only been retired for a few months given the TRU availability. But hey, if people want to rush and dump now based on a set we haven't even seen then that's their choice. Maybe people are just being impatient for having to hold the set for so long? That is a risk that is taken when purchasing TRU exclusives.

On the flip side, people were being criticized for "dumping" their Quinjets. Which is a set that has performed below most expectations post retirement, been retired longer than the funhouse (or to put it another way, been gone from primary retail channels longer than the funhouse) and we have actually seen official pics of what the remake is gonna look like which is coming out in a few months.

I like how only my comment was called out. Shocking

I am in for one to build on release day if they make a Joker set that big. As far as investment this just adds to a concern of mine that they are going to be making a lot of SH sets that are very similar to each other and overlap, killing the potential growth of retired sets as consumers will still be able to get "close enough" sets in at retail.

This set could affect the Funhouse but I don't think it will unless it has a price point around $80-$100 or the same minifigures. Basically I say the price point because it will cap the Funhouse for sure because it will have a lot more pieces.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Brickpicker mobile app

The info we have so far would put Jokerland at the $159-$179 USD price points. I am hoping for a facade style set like this (smaller scale obviously):

Brickbaron_Lego-BatmanAndRobin_JokersFun

The box art would be insane.

Interesting, and exciting! The Funhouse is just an amazing set all around, something like this could even up the ante. Please though I hope there isn`t an other "Ice Cream" truck addition, we`ve seen that far too many times. It`s been great, but Lego should use the pieces to make the actual set better, rather than a smaller set and an additional vehicle. Though I image a vehicle of some kind is a guarantee if the set is large enough, adds to the "play ability" even if it detracts from the main build. Anyway I`m excited, hopefully we get some pictures in the next few months as confirmation, would be a shame if this was just a rumor (though I doubt it). 

• 4 weeks later...