76035 - Jokerland

jaisonline

30 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

been that way for a while with a few rare exceptions.  when themes need to rely heavily on minifigures (to get buyers) that get refreshed every 12 to 24 months, it's great for kids and fans but bad for investors.  when it comes to DC and Marvel superhero minifigures, lego is the modern kenner, hasbro, toybiz  and playmates.  heck, lego is even on their 7th batmobile (including both non-UCS Tumblers).  that's 5 batmobiles since 2012. totally insane.  i can't even count how many diff batman versions since 2012.  i bet camo-batman (llooking at you hasbro / kenner) is being planned as you read this.

honestly, i can't remember the last time reading a superhero post (other than Hulkbuster topic) where multiple said, hey, i bought this set because of the cool vehicle or play-set it comes with.  this is what makes exclusives like the UCS Tumbler special.  it seems the majority of AFOLs and fans bought that set for the vehicle.  the 2 minifigures were like dessert.

We bought set 76013 mainly because of the Joker Steam Roller, that was one we got based off the "cool vehicle"

Please ad to my rep, new member here :)

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

To each his own. It shows trends and the trend for the Super Heroes sets are down. There are exceptions of course, but it is just one tool of many to help educated buyers pick the right sets.

I see this trend. In large part because of counterfeit minifigs popping up everywhere and both marvel and dc doesnt seem to want to bother. Another possibility is that too many people are hoarding superheroes sets for investment, since they are relatively affordable compared to large exclusives.

It doesnt help that most lego superheroes sets are really crappy except for the minifigs, which are unfortunately the prime target of counterfeiters.

19 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

We bought set 76013 mainly because of the Joker Steam Roller, that was one we got based off the "cool vehicle"

Please ad to my rep, new member here :)

you are one of few as these sets were discounted heavily in the US as you prob already know.  The plane is "blah" but the minifig selection and steamroller were top-notch.  however, it didn't sell well prob because the joker, batman and others could be purchased in cheaper sets or were already owned from the 2012 or 2013 sets.

Was just in my local Tesco Extra today (for UK users) and spotted Jokerland discontinued and reduced to £63 from £90. After staff discount I paid £56 for it. They only had one left there unfortunately. Might pop to another couple of local ones tomorrow. They had quite a few other sets reduced too. It'll need to be one of the really large Extra stores to have a decent range though. Went in a superstore a couple of days ago and the shelves were pretty bare. Good luck if you're going searching :)

13 minutes ago, Yellowtot said:

£63 is a good price for a solid set, I'll be buying a load of them in the next Argos 3 for 2

Be sure to give us the heads up when the next Argos sale is on. I might have a browse at a few different items myself ;)

P.S - If anyone does spot any of these at full price (on the label) in Tesco stores, ask them to check the price for you. Many stores can be a bit lax on getting all of their price decrease labels out (whereas they have to get all of the increase labels out for obvious legal reasons). I should know, I worked on the pricing department for many years and know that some reduced labels never go out at all for various reasons. Customers just get a nice surprise at the checkouts sometimes ;)

• 3 weeks later...

On sale for $96.99 at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Jokerland-Building/dp/B00WHZDN78/ref=sr_1_1?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=f917e748c8e611e5becec27f9f05042d0INT&ie=UTF8&qid=1454323819&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+jokerland

I haven't gotten any of this set yet, any thoughts on the $97 price point? I may grab 2 if this price is worthy. Hope it helps. Found over on SD. 

Edited by midbenne

• 2 months later...

Cool idea behind the set and some of the pieces are really great. Typical super heroes set though, the actual build suffers because of the liscensing fees and mini-figures.

I really like the Modular Building MOC based on this set that was posted earlier in the week. Combine this set with the funhouse duo, maybe some of the Joker bumper car polys and you might make this into something worthy of adult display.

• Like 1

Just now, Deadfraggle said:

Cool idea behind the set and some of the pieces are really great. Typical super heroes set though, the actual build suffers because of the liscensing fees and mini-figures.

I really like the Modular Building MOC based on this set that was posted earlier in the week. Combine this set with the funhouse duo, maybe some of the Joker bumper car polys and you might make this into something worthy of adult display.

Couldn't agree more!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It wasn't discounted too widely. TRU was probably the best bet to load up. The Wal-Mart $79 clearance price was mediocre at best.

That was part o the appeal to me. It was a pretty level play ground and there wasn't a lot of incentive for people to get them.

I expected them to hit 200$ pretty quickly and its an easy 50$ buying in at 100$.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1