75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My son has more or less written off Star Wars and only likes it about "10%" (he measures everything in iPad battery life).

There is a new hope, though. He circled this in the holiday catalog we received today. Say what you want about this set for AFOLs, but it appeals to kids. Might have to sell my soul to keep the force alive in this one. It could be worse, I suppose. At least he didn't ask for a prequels set.

IMG_4342.thumb.JPG.b71c9cd71ee11ec43cd4f

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

My son has more or less written off Star Wars and only likes it about "10%" (he measures everything in iPad battery life).

There is a new hope, though. He circled this in the holiday catalog we received today. Say what you want about this set for AFOLs, but it appeals to kids. Might have to sell my soul to keep the force alive in this one. It could be worse, I suppose. At least he didn't ask for a prequels set.

You have to cut him some slack. He only got to see it in 2D :)

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

To be honest...for kids...this set should work out great. Put this stuff on some base plates, buy a used AT-AT and they can play for hours (at least I will would :angel:) !

• Like 4

I think this sets price point gains the online hate and the UCS stamp is the final slap in the face to the fans.

I poached all the exclusive minifigs online on the secondary market. I couldn't justify no matter how hard I tried to part with $499.99 NZD for this playset.

Even some retailers are having 20% sales on it, in an atempt to move stock. Its seems no one is buying this set in New Zealand.

Roll on 2017 for the much awaited re release UCS Snow Speeder - Shut up and take my money already!

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

It's currently at 180€ on toysrus.de for anyone that wants to pick this up. Best deal I've seen so far, but keep in mind it's TRU so you will probably end up with a pancake.

Personally, I'm avoiding this one. Can't flip it for very much at that price and I don't see a lot of future potential.

Not that I'm interested, but it is a steep discount, especially compared to the price of the same set at TRU_NL (@ €269,99) which will be shipped from the exact same German warehouse where it will be shipped from if bought at TRU_DE !

• Like 3

It looks seductively (28%) discount, but still its too expensive for megapack of several standard sets, which are notoriously produced every year. Still 0,8 eur/ piece, which is not bad for licenced SW set, but not for such extremly non-attractive set with standard figs. I think this set will have record discounts in UCS world - already 28 % is non-standard discount in Europe for UCS set, but if they want to sell this shelf-warmer, they must think about 50 % discount, then is possible to think about buying it. But as an investment it has zero value.

2 hours ago, Haay said:

Not that I'm interested, but it is a steep discount, especially compared to the price of the same set at TRU_NL (@ €269,99) which will be shipped from the exact same German warehouse where it will be shipped from if bought at TRU_DE !

Yes, that really is criminal. TRU.nl is basically just a copy of TRU.de, except everything is a bit more expensive. And like you said, they ship it from the same warehouse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Yes, that really is criminal. TRU.nl is basically just a copy of TRU.de, except everything is a bit more expensive. And like you said, they ship it from the same warehouse.

If it is good enough for TLG... Remember who sets RRPs.