10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

So looking at the releases on The Brick Fan, and it shows a new Winter Toy Shop on the horizon next year. I personally think it is a bit disappointing, as there are more areas that surely could have been explored. It will be interesting to see it's design and whether or not it is similar enough to the previous rendition to give the 10199 a hit investment wise. 

-------- mod update by jaisonline  -----

pics and details added.

10249 Winter Toy Shop
Ages 12+. 898 pieces.
US $79.99 – CA $99.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK £59.99 – DK 599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Enjoy the holiday season with the Winter Toy Shop!

Welcome to the Winter Toy Shop! The holiday season has arrived and the toymaker is busy finishing off his latest creations! Outside, children ski and snowboard, and a freshly built snowman sparkles in the light that shines from the toyshop tower. Help decorate the huge tree that stands at the center of the square, play with the curious kitten on the cozy wooden bench or join in with the carolers beneath the ornate streetlamp. This charming set also features a ladder, trees in various sizes, jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat, teddy bear and a wrapped gift. Have fun building this enchanting winter wonderland! Includes a snowman and 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl.
• Includes 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl
• Features a toyshop, large Christmas tree with decorations, ladder, bench, ornate streetlight, carrot-nosed snowman and a cat
• Toyshop features a LEGO® light brick, cash register, clock, chair, table, tools and a ladder
• Accessories include a wrapped gift, snowboard, skis, 5 wreaths, 2 sets of strings lights, 2 top hats, 2 carol songbooks and 10 toys, including a jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat and a teddy bear element
• Also includes trees in various sizes and snow elements
• Light up the toyshop tower with the LEGO® light brick!
• Decorate the Christmas tree!
• Enjoy the holiday season with this fun, festive model!
• Winter Toy Shop measures over 6” (17cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep
• Christmas tree measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep
- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-winter-village-winter-toy-shop-10249-officially-revealed/#sthash.PuFciR7R.dpuf

10249_box1_na.thumb.jpg.236c000dab1ca966

10249_box5_na.thumb.jpg.60ba197eca54df25

Older version : 10199

81HoBPTq4hL._SL1429_.thumb.jpg.035f9165f

Edited by jaisonline
i added pics and summary.

Just makes no sense for Lego to release another Winter theme Toy Shop with all the available options, Then again, I know it will sell well so it prob does make since if you're a main bean counter in TLG's finance dept.

I do wonder if this set is somehow going to be a larger $99.99 version of the original or something to compliment Santa's Workshop since both sets will be available together for at least 2-4 months.

I do wonder if this set is somehow going to be a larger $99.99 version of the original or something to compliment Santa's Workshop since both sets will be available together for at least 2-4 months.

Do you mean "complement" ?

That would not make sense because santa gives toys for free, and do not use a shop but chimneys. :)

I am thinking the Hoth Echo Base and Winter Toy Shop are just placeholder names for the SW UCS and winter themed sets. UCS AT-AT and Holiday Express Train have been bandied about and make more sense. Only time will tell.

On eurobricks today:

"Okay, update on the rumored 10179 rerelease.

I spoke with the informant over the phone today about whether there was going to be an updated 10179. My bud was at the toy fair in NYC and supposedly they had a private behind closed doors event for dealers that showcased a few products we haven't seen yet. There was a falcon on display that was different than 10179 that had lights and new features.

However, according to my informant, this isn't the new UCS. They aren't remaking 10179. Period. Economically, lego felt it wouldn't work well with their intended market (children) and the price point would have made hard core adult collectors cringe.

I sat there on the phone disappointed when the conversation took another turn. There was another model on display that lego was pitching as the next BIG UCS. As I've stated previously, my informant owns a toy shop and isn't an

• Like 3

On eurobricks today:

"Okay, update on the rumored 10179 rerelease.

I spoke with the informant over the phone today about whether there was going to be an updated 10179. My bud was at the toy fair in NYC and supposedly they had a private behind closed doors event for dealers that showcased a few products we haven't seen yet. There was a falcon on display that was different than 10179 that had lights and new features.

However, according to my informant, this isn't the new UCS. They aren't remaking 10179. Period. Economically, lego felt it wouldn't work well with their intended market (children) and the price point would have made hard core adult collectors cringe.

I sat there on the phone disappointed when the conversation took another turn. There was another model on display that lego was pitching as the next BIG UCS. As I've stated previously, my informant owns a toy shop and isn't an

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted on Brickset, from member Grogall, who seems to have a good reputation in the community:

"2nd version of Winter Village Toy Store (Nope)

2nd Version of Holiday Train (Nope)

2nd Version of the Workshop (Nope)

I can only say it's sweet! :-P"

speculation seems to be a candy shop or a gingerbread house based on his use of the word sweet being interpreted as a clue.

• Like 6